“Midtown Convenience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Midtown

You added The Inn at Midtown to your Saves list
The Inn at Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1425 Tamiami Trail South, US 41, Sarasota, FL 34239 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Midtown)   |
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Sarasota
Pensacola, United States
“Midtown Convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a very good hotel if you are traveling for any reason to Sarasota. It right in the middle of town and close to everything. It is located right on the main thoroughfare running North and South.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael R, General Manager at The Inn at Midtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location to be a great one. I look forward to inviting you back in the future.

Ft Myers FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Id have to recommend this motel. The staff was very polite, helpful and friendly. Room was great, nice pool and friendly atmosphere. I will def stay at this motel again and look forward to it. The bed was huge, clean and comfortable. Amenities were good. I enjoyed my stay and as mentioned, would stay there again, and rec to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael R, General Manager at The Inn at Midtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a great review. We look forward to your return on your next visit to Sarasota.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I really hate to give a poor review on anything but I believe that there is always something that can be done to remedy these situations. When we entered the room the smell was horrible. We had to open up some air fresheners and leave for a while just to be able to stand it. There were also a couple roaches, one that came out of the water dispenser in the coffee maker. The sheets appeared clean, we had clean towels.

I know it was a less expensive hotel but they still should be on top of the bug situation as well as having a pleasant room to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We take pest management very seriously and have a contract with a pest management company that provides regular service for all of our guest rooms and public areas. I am glad you found our linen to be clean and without issue. If you have any questions or other comments please feel free to contact me.

941-955-9841

Travelers are raving about these Sarasota hotels

Perrysburg, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Here on memorial day weekend, needed a room until a resort had an opening. Checked in, room is a motel type, old single pane windows, door that had to be slammed shut. I figured one night, will be OK since I was only sleeping there. Went to dinner, came back, went to clean up and noticed a bug on the carpet, I killed it, goggled cockroach, it looked exactly like it so I assume that it what it was. Put the bags back in the car, told the front desk, a nice older gentlemen offered another room, but I opted to shell out the money and drive across town since only 3 hotels had ANY rooms left at 11pm.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We take pest management very seriously and have a contract with a pest management company that provides regular service for all of our guest rooms and public areas. I apologize you had a negative experience at the hotel and hope you will come back for a visit. If I may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

As reported by many others, this property, while flawed, offers appropriate value. Its low price per night forgives a number of sins, such as waiting two hours after the nominal 1500 check-in hour for management to find a cleaned king-bed room with a working refrigerator; putting up with an on and off wi-fi system; and a general shabbiness related to the age of the property. In return, the hotel offers reasonable cleanliness in the rooms, a comfortable bed, a diverse and tasty offering for breakfast (included in the rate), a good midtown location, and (at least in our room) a large working flat-screen TV. I've stayed at similar properties elsewhere and gotten less while paying more.

Room Tip: If you are concerned with having working amenities such as a refrigerator, a microwave or wi-fi (whi...
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review of our property. I appreciate the feedback and since your stay we have recently updated our wireless internet connection and have not seen any issues. We look forward to your return to the sarasota area and I thank you again for the feedback.

Avon Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We checked into the hotel on a Saturday afternoon, and after eating dinner we returned to the room and noticed the sheets look dirty. After taking a closer look we discovered what had looked to be bed bugs. After reporting the incident the hotel manager told us all they could offer is another room or clean sheets. We also were told they were in the process of treating the hotel for bugs and didn't warn us before we checked in.

Room Tip: Infested with Bed Bugs
2 Thank 141XxJasonxX
bwmidtown, General Manager at The Inn at Midtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear 141XxJasonxX,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your response about your experience. Bed bugs are a very serious issue in our industry today. This is not a subject to be taken lightly and one that is acted on immediately. Although we have our hotel inspected regularly for any evidence of bed bugs, we also follow up immediately on any guest concerns. If you could please contact the hotel directly to follow up on this issue I would greatly appreciate it. The direct contact phone number is 941-955-9841. We appreciate and are thankful for the concern and awareness of our travelers which enables us to eliminate a problem immediately should it arise. Thank you.
Los Osoa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Room was clean, but needed a little maintenance. AC was having problems keeping room cool and stopped working completely a day before I left. I was provided with another room that had a good AC, but no refrigerator.

Dear Robert W,
Thank you for taking the time to review about your recent experience at Best Western Midtown. I am very sorry to hear that you may have had some issues with the AC unit in your guest room, I am happy to hear that we quickly corrected the situation. All of our guest rooms do not come equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. If the request is made we certainly try and meet the guest’s needs. Please come back and visit us on your next stay in Sarasota, FL!