“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Huddersfield
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just spent another two weeks at the Mid-Town and, like my other stays and reviews, my stay was most enjoyable

Very clean room, lovely pool area, and nice and quiet. Handy for services - supermarket next door, along with restaurants and fast-food outlets. Also a post office.

Staff were great - Judit Baranyai (General Manager) was very welcoming. Also Alex and the
guy from Brazil were very friendly (Hi both!).

Room Tip: Poolside, upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmidtown, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We cannot thank you enough for your review. It is always a great pleasure to have you with us as a guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I searched the Internet for a closer accomodation to use as my sister & I alternated shifts, while maintaining a 24/7 vigil at his post surgical bedside at nearby Sarasta Memorial hospital (my personal favorite among area hospitals). The accomodations on the hospital (SMH) website are more upscale but not nearly as convenient. This Best Western is a well-maintained and updated older structure with lovely landscaping. Because it is older, rooms are large and include the usual amenities (refrigerator AND microwave available on request if not in room). Staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Cleanliness very good; however, we requested no maid service so that neither of us would have our sleep interrupted. I recieved extra wash cloths at the fron desk. WiFi availability was invaluable for communicating with distant relatives (also available at SMH), In addition a computer and printer (rarely provided now-a-days) was available in the lobby. I live about so miles from this hospital, which is too far to commute (1 hr each way this time of year); and I will definitely book this motel again, should major surgery of my husband or myself be needed. Although I partook only once, the included breakfast was quite expansive for a "lower end" motel. I do not consider motel to be lower end. Instead it is the kind of accomodation we seek out when traveling. Better yet, a wide variety of good restaurants (one a gourmet) are nearby. Note. Reduced rates are offered to relatives of hospitalized patients. I have already written the CEO of SMH to recommend adding this motel to their website.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of motel away from Tamiami Trail (US 41) traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are hoping to accommodate you in the future and look forward to having you as our guest again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Everything was good if we did not want to sleep. The mattress was VERY uncomfortable. I could feel the springs sticking out like old mattresses tend to get. I slept very little due to tossing and turning trying to find a comfy spot. Finally got up at 3am in pain and said the heck with it. They let us try another room but the mattress was in the same sorry state. We were told by the girl from the office that this is standard for Best Western. We checked out to find another room and continue our vacation in Sarasota.

• Stayed November 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmidtown, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations we strive for with all of our guests – the type of which we pride ourselves. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay comfortable and happy one.
province of quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

the hotel is very clean and well situated. You are about 10 min. from the beaches and museums and stores. there is a lot to see in Sarasota it was our forth year in a row here and the first time we didn't take a hotel near the beach. It is worth it to pay about $200 lest seeing that we are close to everything.I recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time and share your experience. We hope to see you next time you return to the area.
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night for a visit to Siesta Key. The hotel is located on the mainland, but only a few minutes from Siesta Key Beach. This is an older hotel, but it is very clean. Nice pool area. Complimentary breakfast was very nice. Good bargin for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Midtown. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located near the beaches.Also the hotel is surrounded by lush green plants and gives it a pretty look.

The check in took a bit long but the front desk person was informative and took time to let us know about the attractions in the city.

Clean ,spacious and good value .The breakfast had good spread.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I had a great stay at the Best Western hotel considering the price. The staff was very helpful and professional. If you are a Florida citizen they will give you a discount or if you carry AAA. It was also very clean. I have paid twice as much for hotels in this same area, which were not nearly as clean. Our hotel did not have a fridge or microwave, but my husband simply asked for a microwave and a staff member brought one up for us. We also requested a little more soap and shampoo, which they brought up. I really didn't find this a problem and enjoyed my stay here.

My only complaint would be the loud gardening workers, but I was inside resting from surgery all day at the hotel, so if you were coming here for vacation you wouldn't be in the hotel around this time anyway.

Room Tip: If you are a Florida citizen they will give you a discount or if you carry AAA.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Midtown? Share your experiences!