“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Nicole booked us in and was charming, explaining everything we needed to know. The room was excellent but lacked a fridge. On checking out it appears we could have had one had we asked!! We'll know another time to ask! An excellent complimentary breakfast was served by a lady who noticed everything. She never let anything run low, kept the tables spotlessly wiped down, cleared away rubbish left by untidy eaters and was a real asset to the hotel. If you are anywhere near this area you must eat at Micael's on East. What a fantastic restaurant. Amazing food with amazing service - not cheap - but well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Though it looks like an older facility from the outside, my room appeared updated and the bathroom area was very clean. TV had a large selection of channels. I never heard any noise from the rooms adjacent to mine.

The included breakfast consisted of biscuits and sausage gravy, cereals, breads/bagels w/ toaster, apples, packages of oatmeal, yogurt and hard boiled eggs, muffins. Across the side street from the hotel is a shopping center with a grocery store, starbucks and panera.

If you don't need to be right on the beach, it is a convenient location-- almost across the street from the hospital, less than 10min drive to the Ringling Bridge/downtown area and maybe 15min or so to the first bridge over to Siesta. Since it is in "season" at this time you may encounter back ups on the Siesta bridge to actually getting to the beach may take longer.

Overall, I had no complaints with my stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I was laid up in a hospital for the weekend when I was supposed to travel to Ed Smith Stadium for Orioles Spring Training, and was not able to cancel my reservation in time. That is my fault.

But the General Manager neglecting to help me with the bill, after I offered proof of my stay in the hospital, is terrible. Thanks for nothing.

Stayed March 2011
bwmidtown, Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
I apologize; neither I nor my guest service manager spoke to anyone about this matter. Please feel free to call me at your convenience at 941-955-9841.
Junelle Samblanet, GM
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

i stayed at the best western midtown hotel a couple of days ago and i had the nicest time there. the staff was absolutely outstanding in every way! they were so welcoming, kind, and caring in every way. when my refrigerator broke down, right after i hung up the phone, the maintenance man was knocking on my door to repair it. the heated swim pool was so nice,big enough to swim laps in, very clean and well maintained. the room was very clean and well maintained, as were the beautiful hotel grounds. i plan to return there soon. i highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Antwerp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed 1 night in this hotel in order to visit the Ringling museum of art, for which this hotel was conveniently located. We had no problem with the room; it was clean, and the beds were comfortable.
There was 1 very tiny ant walking on the sink in the bathroom, but after we killed it we didn't see any others.

The breakfast was OK, and there is a supermarket right across the street.
In the evening we took the car and had a good dinner at the café Amalfi.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We'd heard that the BW in Sarasota was good, and we often stay in this chain in Europe as well as the USA so we thought we'd try it. It was a very bad experience. The room was shabby and cold, the toilet didn't flush properly and made a lot of noise when it did, the shower water was very slow to drain (a familiar BW fault), the free wireless internet didn't work for hours, and the reception clerk was unhelpful. Even the sheets were thin and shabby. We tried to use the AC heater setting but so much dust came into the room we had to switch it off. This hotel badly needs updating in its old section - it just isn't right to charge more than $100 a night for such unpleasant facilities.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
bwmidtown, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations we strive for. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your stay. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011 via mobile

Needs updating in a few areas. Towels were thin and smelled like smoke. We were not given enough shampoo/conditioner. There were teeny, tiny ants near the sink, although the room was very clean. Seems like we were watched like a hawk about what we took to eat at breakfast. I'm guessing that they didn't want you to take any food out. I would not stay there again. The problem is that there aren't many reasonably priced/ centrally located hotels in Sarasota.

• Stayed December 2010
bwmidtown, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Midtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I can certainly understand your disappointment after reading your review. I am disappointed that you did not have a pleasant experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure this type of situation does not happen in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay with me personally, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I am hopeful you will afford the Best Western Midtown another opportunity in the future to make things right and exceed your expectations.

Been to BEST WESTERN Midtown? Share your experiences!