“A real favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 851 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Sterling, Il
“A real favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

We have dined her many times and the serivce and the food are great. Always has some good fresh fish. Becasue it is popular it can get crowded.

Visited December 2014

Longboat Key, Florida
“Food- Very Good. Service- SUPERB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

Saturday night is steak night for our family and the choices are perfect at Stonewood. The Bradenton location closed recently for good reason. Thank goodness this gem stayed open. Food was timed well, salad delish, but we lucked out with a trainee and Matt, his trainer. Sense of humor, personable and behind the scenes info on their fresh ingredients made the date night one to remember. The new seasonal menu included a short rib dich recommended by staff. Sweet and savory! Great rewards program as well. Coctail hour even on Saturday tip 7 PM.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, Florida
“Great Food, Drinks and Excellent Accomodating Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

Stonewood staff is trained well and they care about you as a customer. The cocktails are top of the line, actually some of the best, creative, tasty and they are garnished very nice. Also, the food is top shelf and consistent. Their beef is great and fairly priced and the shrimp stuffed with scallops entrée is perfectly cooked. Also, they do take reservations.

We are going their with friends for Christmas Eve dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Good in the end!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

Four of us went to the Stonewood Grill & Tavern at the recommendation of the Best Western hotel patrons and staff. We were greeted and seated promptly. Drink orders were taken and delivered, and the entrees ordered. I ordered the short ribs, because I am a sucker for short ribs and this place had the feel of someplace that would have amazing short ribs. My friends ordered prime rib, shrimp palermo, and salmon. Our waiter was JR and although he professed to only have recently started, you wouldn’t have known it from the service. Bread and salads came promptly and were good. The orders came and everyone was happy, everyone except me. I just wanted really good food that night, and short ribs are always good, right? I mean they have the perfect amount of fat and protein, and when cooked low and slow they are unctuous. However, what I got was overcooked, under seasoned, dry, bland pot roast. The potatoes although creamy were completely non-descript of any flavor whatsoever, and the carrots in the vegetable medley were a bit too al dente. What made this worse was my friends all loved their food. My friend with the prime rib shared a bite, and it was wonderful. I am usually very reluctant to tell the staff about food problems in most restaurants, but I was so distraught that I communicated my disappointment to JR and soon a manger appeared. After I explained the appeal of my less-than-mediocre meal she defended the food without tasting it. I suggested that she taste it, not just take my word. She did not. However, she offered me something else. I sighed as I realized that she would take care of me, but I felt that the next person who ordered the short ribs would most likely be fed the same mediocre food. I asked for a small 6 ounce piece of prime rib. Soon a 16 ounce stunning prime rib was on the table in front of me. It was amazing which left me conflicted. In the end we all had great food, and had good service. But as it was a stressful dining experience for me, I would go back but I would not order the short ribs.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

The calamari was a strange bullet shape and rubbery; the special IPA draft beer was closer to a Bud Lite in flavor and appearance; and the short ribs, while very tasty, looked like it had been sitting around for a while. Everything else was OK and the service was attentive, but the wine was pricy - even though we were in the Happy Hour.

• 3 of 5 stars Food