“Their current special menu” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Sarasota, Florida
“Their current special menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

For $40, we totally enjoyed a dinner of ribeye on the bone, filet on the bone, with wedge salad, and baked potato accompanied by a half price Simi xabernet savignon. One of the best tseaks I have ever eaten, and cooked to perfection!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Tasty food, small portions kinda pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

For a place that is so packed, you would think the food was spectacular. My experience was a little different than most as I expected my 30 minutes wait to be followed by superior taste and service. The service part was great and I was in just before the 30 minute mark, however I was sadly disappointed in the portions and flavor for what the price was. I ordered the Black Grouper with an Oscar topping, my friends ordered the NY Steak, Shrimp & Scallops, and the Ginger Salmon. We all 'shared' a bite of one anothers' selections. Needless to say, none of us were impressed and after drinks and dessert, our bill was a little over $300. The mashed potatoes were larger than the grouper; the steaks had no flavor and the salmon was burnt on the bottom and very dry. I am not real happy with the restaurant for the price and portion size, and failed to notify the manager as we were hungry and did not want to wait again for a corrected meal. I also wanted my fellow readers to read a review that is truthful and not influenced by a 'comped' meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stonewood H, General Manager at Stonewood Grill & Tavern, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time review our restaurant. It is our goal, at Stonewood, that each experience not only meets, but exceeds your expectations. I would like to extend my sincere regrets, as it seems that we did not deliver on that promise on your most recent visit. High quality food & service are some of the distinguishing traits of our brand. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the accuracy of your quoted wait, as well as the service you received. I apologize that the food did not meet your expectations. Please know that, as a management team, we are committed to ensuring that our guests leave happy & would have made every effort possible to correct anything that you found less than outstanding. I appreciate your feedback. It will help us to continue to make improvements in our restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything more that I can do to be of service.

Best regards,
Rachel Hughes
Operating Partner
“Oh my goodness...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a great amount of food and simply very tasty! Our party of 3 enjoyed one 6 oz filet, cooked to perfection and tender and 2 pork chop dinners! Those were the best I've ever had. Thick and juicy and the special spices and glaze made the flavor to die for! Yummy! The baked potato was loaded with all the goodies and the dessert White Chocolate Martini, mm mmm good! This was our first visit to this restaurant and it has us looking for a chain back home in Wisconsin.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am thrilled to hear that you decided to try Stonewood Grill & Tavern while you were in Florida. We are very proud to offer fresh seafood, delicious steaks, and friendly service. Thank you for your kind words & we hope that the next time you are in town we have the pleasure of your company.

Best regards,
Rachel Hughes
Operating Partner
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Service - but cold food!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A party of 8 pre-booked for a celebratory meal and although, on a Sunday evening, the place was hardly half-full, the ambience was pleasant and the staff welcoming.

Our waiter was excellent and attentive so we were looking forward to our meal with relish and a good appetite.

When the meals arrived a few of us were surprised that some of the food was cold.. even though we were warned that the plates were 'piping hot'. Potatoes and some of the vegetable medleys... Not all of them but some. The waiter took them away without hesitation and brought more.... again one or two of the portions of food were cold even though the crockery was hot.

After the meal, which, I think, everyone enjoyed, despite the food temperature issues, some of us ordered coffee. It came in thick pottery mugs, of the style used by Stonewood. Imagine our dismay that the coffee inside was cold even though the mug was hot to the touch!

Some where along the line someone doesn't know how to use a microwave! The waiter apologised profusely, the manager came to see what the problems were, so we were attended to - but it left us feeling as though we would not be risking another visit.

At 9:00pm, when we left, the place was empty... save for the staff - even the bar! Wonder if these problems are a regular thing?

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Could't get into Carabbas nearby..so dropped in here were I had eaten ages years ago. The first thing I liked was the service, the music which you could actually hear...van morisson..and the fact you could hear yourself talk...unlike Carabbas sometimes. Tthe food was fantastic and I will be back again very soon. A most enjoyable evening..staff were super!

• Visited April 2013