“Somewhat disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 832 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
sarasota FL
“Somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I sat at the bar and ordered a cosmo. It came 3/4 full. Ok, for $4 I can understand, but most others had a full glass. Then, I ordered the rib-eye. It was about 1/3 inch think. It was flavorful, but for $25 I do expect a bigger steak. Overall, it was a disappointing night. I do not expect to return soon.

Visited March 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Siesta Key Stonewoods is the worst ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been in stonewoods in ft meyers, sarasota, and tampa - the one on University is awesome on Sarasota - This place is a joke - I have been in here 3 times and every time I cannot understand how this place is a stonewood - Bartenders are useless - food is not good - parking is bad

I dont get it - but since I just rented on University - I can finally bid this place good bye and good riddins

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great food, great service, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Party of six for dinner at Stonewood Grill. We have been in Sarasota for a month and eaten at a wide variety of restaurants including Duval's and Mediterraneo. The food at Stonewood was by far the best we have had yet. Salads were fresh and crisp, the calamari app was tender and delicious, the salmon was perfectly cooked.

Service was friendly and efficient, with a suitable pause between courses.

Stonewood is pricier than most chains, but the food is far better. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marshall
“Great food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We dined recently at the Stonewood Grill with friends. It was a great experience. One steak had been overcooked and the waiter and manager both made things right even when we were going to make do. They wouldn't hear of it. The pretzel breadsticks and the cranberry bread are REALLY good. This is the second time we've eaten there when we've come down for vacation. Top Notch service!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“A Taste of Heaven on Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife I took our family,went to Siesta Key Beach on Valentines to renew our 34 yrs of marraige with 300 other couples.After the event, we all wanted something different to eat, but it had to be a place we've never been to. So we googled sarasota restaurant,and the Stonewood grill came up. They had great reviews, so we said lets go for it. Wow, what a fantastic dinner experenice. Atmosphere was romantic, but energizing.Wait time about 15 min. being a busy nite. Drinks were sizeable, and served promptly. Our Waitress Keisey was outstanding, an employers dream. Not only did she know the menu, but we took all of her suggestions from start to finish. The food was cooked to perfection,and the presentation was mouth watering. We haelfd outstanding Oak grilled Salmon, Chicken Pot Pie in a Delicate Puff Pastrey, plus a beautiful Aisan Chicken Salad, thats a meal in its self. We eat out alot, and have had the good fortune to appreciate Quality. Last, but not least Dessert. Don't miss the Chocolate Bread Pudding, OMG, this is almost better than Sex.. I said almost !! This item was the Grande of the night. Folks, plain and simple.. Try this Restaurant, were coming back for our 35th wedding anniversary, this March. You will not be dissapointed with Anything you order. 5*

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere