“Nice but old” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beau Lido Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Beau Lido Suites
You added Beau Lido Suites to your Saves list
149 Tyler Dr, Lido Key, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Spring Hill, Florida
“Nice but old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at the Beau Lido on Oct. 14 for one night. It was clean very close to Lido beach and a 5-10 minute walk to the lively St Armand Cir. Great restaurants and nightlife. I recommend The Daiquiri Deck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Just arrived late and not finding anyone at the recpetion I called the number which was indicated on the door.
I got precised directions found the key to the neat and clean spacious room for about 60% of the usual Lido Key price in this kind of accomodation category.
Nice place, the beach is just on the other side of the road.
I stayed in other fancier places in the Lido area but I highly recommend this one!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011 via mobile

This was by far the best choice I made, besides the choice to visit Sarasota. The hotel is literally a block from Lido Beach and a short walk to St Armands Circle and the best sunsets you'll ever see. The place is dated for sure. You won't use the 50 pound tv with 4 channels, but who needs tv when you are that lose to the Gulf!? Everything in the room is old, but emaculate. The only thing that wasn't old was the AC which was digital and practically silent. I stayed in a standard room, #2. It comes eqiped with a little kitchen, a changing area, and a desk in addition to the hotel norms. My tips for making this place perfect are to bring a cheap foam matress topper w you, or buy one for $20 at walmart when you get there. Also take advantage of the kitchen and save yourself some money on meals. There is also a public pool nearby, 2 blocks?, so don't worry about there not being a pool. Also, make sure that you venture over to Siesta Key Beach in addition to Lido Key Beach, which is the one by the hotel. Its a little drive, but worth it. Also, you have to go try the cupcakes at Sarasota Cupcake Company in St Armands Circle. They will make your vacation!

• Stayed September 2011
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I had another great stay at the Beau Lido. We found this quaint local hotel a few years ago. It is just steps from the lido beach public park, a short walk to St. Armonds Circle, and few minute drive to Downtown. The rooms are always clean and comfortable...this is an older 1950's establishment but that is what we like about it...old Florida beach hotel. They like like dogs too, and I am possitive you can not find a better deal overall!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Great place to stay, A hidden Treasure. It was just what we were looking for. Room was excellent, service great. Just across the road from the main beach and around the corner
to all the shops and dining.

Room Tip: The 1 Room Apartment was prefect size.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The room is always clean and well-taken care of. Whenever i make a reservation to stay - it has always been accommodating and helpful.

Thank you - we will come back and stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I relocated from New York to Sarasota, and needed a pet friendly place to sleep until I could get the keys to my apartment. Beau Lido is pet friendly. In fact, they don't charge extra for pets (unlike every other hotel), although they require a $100 per pet deposit which gets returned to you if your pet(s) don't damage the room.

The hotel itself is quite small, about 12 rooms. I was in a deluxe, which was like a studio apartment, with a full-size refrigerator, oven and microwave. The room was clean and spacious enough for my daughter, who came with me. The decor is early-beach (in keeping with the location of the place, which is close to the beach). It is also walking distance from St. Arnaud's circle.

Our room came with a queen-size bed (which was 2 twins pushed together) and a pull-out sofa. When we opened up the pull-out sofa, we discovered there were no sheets on it. We called the manager and they brought over sheets quite quickly. The sofa-bed itself was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. My daughter also complained that her bed was very uncomfortable as well. In addition, there were no pillows for sofa bed, so I used the one I had brought with me.

Since the office doesn't open until 11, the check-out process was nothing more than me leaving my key in the room. If this was the end of my story, I would be happy to recommend Beau Lido whole-heartedly. However, things have taken a turn for the worse since I left.

First, I discovered later the day we checked out that I had forgotten my pillow in the room. In addition, due to my early departure, I did not get a bill, and did not know whether I was getting my deposit back (I should since my dogs did no damage to the room). I have made numerous calls to the hotel. I have never spoken with a live person when I have called. Rather, I keep getting voice mail. I have left several messages. Finally, a day after my initial call, someone called me back and told me they would look into the pillow situation. It is now 3 days later, and I have yet to receive a call back. In addition, I still don't have a copy of the bill and don't know whether they charged for the pets or even what the total bill was.

This terrible lack of customer service has soured me terribly on the hotel, and has ruined what was otherwise a perfectly fine stay. As a result of this lack of attentiveness, I will never stay there again. In addition, if anyone wants a recommendation for a hotel in Sarasota, I will not be able to provide one for Beau Lido, or at least, I will recount my experience and let them make their own decision.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beau Lido Suites? Share your experiences!