“Never Again...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Family Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Family Inn
Save Saved
You added Family Inn to your Saves list
4807 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34234   |
Ranked #45 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
A TripAdvisor Member
“Never Again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2005

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The Department of Health should be notified of this filthy place. There was black mold in the room, the sheets were obviously not cleaned (very well) and it was obviously not safe and very expensive.

• Stayed February 2005

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2005

I had the extreme misfortune of staying at the Family Inn in Feb. of 2005. There was a problem with reservations at our "real" hotel and this was the only place available during the peak "spring training" time in Sarasota. There was a large patch of black mold in the bathroom. The motel itself was filthy and worst of all, I did NOT feel safe. My girlfriend and I were "eyeballed" by the seedy characters drinking near the parking lot. There were no deadbolts. The doors could have been un-locked by a key from the outside. We slept very little before getting up about 5:00 am and taking a nap on the beach. This was by far, the worst, place I have ever stayed. I would sleep in my car before I ever stayed here again.

Been to Family Inn? Share your experiences!