We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to go to some Oriole's games and the beach. We are a family of 4, with children 3 & 6.
1. It was safe, you needed a key to enter every building and while that could be slightly annoying, it made me feel safe
2. The families staying there were all very nice and friendly, it was family friendly
3. The pool/hot tub area was nice, hands down the nicest part of this hotel
4. The staff was friendly and helpful enough
6. The rooms have a full size fridge
7. The location is pretty good if you are there for Oriole's games (it's about 1.5 miles from stadium) and only about a 10 minute drive to St. Armand's Circle & Lido Beach; but it's kind of a shady area around it. The McDonald's across the street was downright scary.
1. The room is tiny, like the size of a regular hotel room with a kitchenette. How this can be considered a suite? Not sure
2. The beds are doubles, not sure how I missed that when booking. That's not super family friendly, or adult friendly for that matter. I am just still shocked at how small the beds are.
3. The rooms are "clean enough", but really could use some serious updating
4. Price-we used HHonors points, but our friends payed $200/night for the room, now it was Spring Break, but this room is worth $125 at most!
I doubt I would stay there again, but there really aren't great Hilton choices in Sarasota. The Hilton Longboat Key & this hotel could use some serious renovations.