“Cool.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in Sarasota
SYRACUSE
“Cool.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed 1 night. First appearances nice and clean and neat. When i checked in I believe the corridors were cold enough to hang a sde of beef! It was 60 degrees outside! I would hate to pay the utility bill here! Unfortunately, clock radio in my room was missing. Then, the next morning I realized there was no glass pot for my coffee maker. Tried to shower and the facuet in the tub was ready to come out of the wall. The glasses on the vaity were loaded with finger prints and smudges.Too bad! I guess the person who inspects rooms missed this one.

The FD staff were courteous and housekeepimng staff were very polite! I would give the hotel another try next time I am in Sarasota. The staff were not aware of my issues. I was too pressed for time to get them resolved. I'm sure they would have handled OK if told.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your response and details of your stay. We attempt to satisfy all of our guests and treat them as we would our own family. We hope to see you again.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We travelled to Sarasota from India to stay a month at this hotel and can say that it has been a most agreeable experience. The staff was most gracious and helpful. The facilities lacking nothing, clean and dapper.
Keep up the good work, you can be proud of it !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel we attempt to make our hotel your home while you are with us.
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I did my research prior to choosing this Homewood Suites as I knew I might be in for a long haul on this business trip. I am glad I did. I found the reviews of this hotel to be “Fair” to “Poor” prior to the arrival of Edward Carroll, General Manager in mid July 2012. However, since his tenure began at this Hilton Property it has improved from “Very Good” to “Excellent”. I understand he is one those “lead by example” type of managers who is known to roll up his sleeves and pitch in, even if it means cleaning the floor of the lobby immediately rather than waiting for someone who’s likely job it is to come along and do it. I see after having been here almost 3 weeks, why this property’s reputation has turned around!

I apologize in advance for whoever I miss as I haven’t gotten to know ALL the staff….yet! Hannah and Ariel are the first front desk staff that I came into contact with on my arrival. They are always cheerful, attentive and ready to answer questions. They do so with professionalism, enthusiasm and a friendly smile. It is clear from the answers to my questions that things have improved 180 degrees since new management came on board. They seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs and after all, isn’t that part of the positive customer service experience a guest looks for? It is easy to tell when the person who greets you in any business likes what they do. Their face is the first one to be associated with the business and that makes them important ambassadors in establishing that first impression. Rachael always has a cheerful smile when she greets me or says goodbye as I leave for the day. Jeremy and Casey are professional and quick to respond when called upon.

Elvia and her fellow housekeepers take excellent care of my room. As other guests have mentioned I did receive a candy bar or two with a pleasant “Have a nice day!” message along with them. Sharon, Director of Sales made sure I got a “ghost lollypop” or two on Halloween! The sweet treats were a nice touch to add to the feeling of being welcome at the Homewood Suites. I can only assume that these pleasant, friendly folks are treated well by their leader Michelle.

The breakfasts and dinners were always presented well, with the food area kept clean and stocked at all times. Mitchell displays a “How can I help you?” demeanor in the mornings and is conscientious in his work.

Laverne has learned an important lesson in how to win friends and influence people in that she is quick to learn and remember one’s name. Let’s face it, we all like the sound of our own names and Laverne is quite good at letting us know she remembers us. She and her fellow workers also keep the dinners well stocked, and the food area clean, and are quick to help out if I needed anything. Her smile is infectious!

Willie is friendly and helpful. When I needed assistance with a recommendation for car care in the area he recommended a place that he would use. Pete responded immediately when a light bulb burned out and needed replacing as well as fixing one of the burners on the stove in my room. It wasn’t more than 10 minutes after I reported what needed fixing that he was at my door ready to make it all right. Something I noticed with every staff member I saw was their nice smile and greeting whenever walking in the halls or around the property.

Speaking of property I was struck by the well maintained rooms and the clean smell when you walk in the first day or the 10th day. The pool is large, heated and clean. The area around it is also well cared for.

I may be here for while longer. It’s reassuring to feel comfortable in nice surroundings when away from home for an extended period. I look forward to the rest of my stay here at the Homewood Suites, Sarasota with the responsive, friendly customer service all around!

Room Tip: As this property was converted from another type of facility, there is much more parking on the outs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Wow! What can I possibly say except thank you! I will say that your kudos made our day and I will certainly share this and reward our staff accordingly.
ashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

this property was home to my husband (and often times myself) for 18 months, five years ago. When you stay at a property this consistantly, for this length of time, you see alot,and get to know the employees. Alot has changed in the the last five years....while we enjoyed our previous stays ,this hotel has definately improved with new management! The pool area is awesome.new furniture and grill if you care to bbq. ....altho Laverne does a great job with the managers reception (which is dinner ,including beer and wine!) The rooms are clean,and housekeeping takes the time to leave a "good day note" as well as a snickers bar !You just get the feeling everyone here is doing a good job because they LIKE to work here. will definately be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to mention our improvements. We are working hard to make sure every guests feels the way that you did. I especially appreciate you mentioning Laverne and the other staff memebers. They all do work hard and to mention a specific name shows that she made an impact on your stay. I shared your feedback with our entire staff this morning to a round of applause. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. The hotel has two floors and our rooms were on the second floor. Although it is on a fairly busy street, I did not detect any road noise (and this is something that usually bothers me a lot). The rooms were clean and the air conditioning excellent. Plenty of towels, and decent toiletries. Blackout drapes kept the room dark at night (a great thing). We did not use the pool as we went to the beach. Beach is conveniently close and there are restaurants and supermarkets very close to the hotel. Although we did not use the kitchen to cook it was good to have the refrigerator and glasses etc, for use. The kitchen was spotless and had a dishwasher and microwave and even a couple of electric burners for cooking. Flat screen TV's with satellite/cable would have kept us going had we not elected to be out and about most of the time. Free wi-fi was most welcome. The complimentary breakfast included cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, sausages, breakfast pizza, breads, juice, waffles, pancakes, etc so we pretty much were able to find something to eat. Only problem we encountered was that the switch for the bedside lamps did not work. I reported it and was immediately told that maintenance would come up and fix it but I declined as it was fairly late at night. Overall very very pleasant and great value for the money. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I often get to see the hotel through the guests eyes, rarely do I receive such detailed feedback so again thank you! We hope to see you again.
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I love this hotel - it has everything to make the stay pleasant. Coffee maker and kitchenette in the room, a nice breakfast in the morning (eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, waffles), free wi fi. Very well laid out room - sink outside the bathroom, lots of counter space. Monday through thursdays they have a 'welcome home reception' where they serve food and I believe wine and beer if you want it. I have stayed at other places with evening 'food', but it's been the hot dog and macaroni and cheese variety. this place serves (a different meal every night) stuff like beef stroganoff and chicken marsala. I didn't try the food, but the menu posted in my room looked good. I think homewood suites will be my first choice from now on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I was so pleased to read your descriptive review. I will share this with our staff and commend them for a job well done. We hope to see you again real soon.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We we recently here for a vacation to Siesta Key Beach. The hotel is 8 miles from the beach and very conveniently located near downtown Sarasota. The rooms are clean and well kept. Having a kitchen with a full refrigerator (esp when traveling with a family) is a great bonus. The full (free) breakfast had something for everyone. The best part of this hotel is the pool. Its beautiful, clean, and really well kept. I haven't seen an outdoor pool at hotel that is this nice in a long time.
One drawback is the parking is limited and sometimes you have to park far from your room, but its not a big deal at all. If we go back to Siesta Key Beach, we would stay here again for sure. It was a good value. The bed in our room was not great, but the sofa bed wasn't bad - go figure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform others about our hotel. Thank you for the write up about our pool. I have been in the hotel industry since the 1990's and I have traveled extensively myself I have not seen too many hotels with a pool area and pool as large as ours. Thank you for mentioning that it is well kept also, we hope to see you again.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota? Share your experiences!