“one of the best experiences I've had” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
Long Island, NY
“one of the best experiences I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I love this hotel - it has everything to make the stay pleasant. Coffee maker and kitchenette in the room, a nice breakfast in the morning (eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, waffles), free wi fi. Very well laid out room - sink outside the bathroom, lots of counter space. Monday through thursdays they have a 'welcome home reception' where they serve food and I believe wine and beer if you want it. I have stayed at other places with evening 'food', but it's been the hot dog and macaroni and cheese variety. this place serves (a different meal every night) stuff like beef stroganoff and chicken marsala. I didn't try the food, but the menu posted in my room looked good. I think homewood suites will be my first choice from now on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I was so pleased to read your descriptive review. I will share this with our staff and commend them for a job well done. We hope to see you again real soon.

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We we recently here for a vacation to Siesta Key Beach. The hotel is 8 miles from the beach and very conveniently located near downtown Sarasota. The rooms are clean and well kept. Having a kitchen with a full refrigerator (esp when traveling with a family) is a great bonus. The full (free) breakfast had something for everyone. The best part of this hotel is the pool. Its beautiful, clean, and really well kept. I haven't seen an outdoor pool at hotel that is this nice in a long time.
One drawback is the parking is limited and sometimes you have to park far from your room, but its not a big deal at all. If we go back to Siesta Key Beach, we would stay here again for sure. It was a good value. The bed in our room was not great, but the sofa bed wasn't bad - go figure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform others about our hotel. Thank you for the write up about our pool. I have been in the hotel industry since the 1990's and I have traveled extensively myself I have not seen too many hotels with a pool area and pool as large as ours. Thank you for mentioning that it is well kept also, we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

A really nice hotel. Clean, friendly staff and very helpful.

Free breakfast is great with enough options for everyone. Rooms are great with a small kitchen and seating area. There are the usual name brand local stores Target etc for you to stock up on things for the fridge if you fancy making your own food.

Nice pool with a grill area for you to use as well. Car park is small and busy. We had to park on the other side of the hotel a couple of times. Not a big deal as it took me all of 30 secs to walk to my enter point of the hotel. Hotel manager makes a point of speaking to everyone each morning. Nice simple touch.

It really is an ideal hotel for families with younger kids. I was traveling with my wife and 3 year old.

Other useful tips. You will need a car as if you are here in Sarasota you are here to go to Siesta Key beach. It is a easy 15 min drive. We drive there everyday for 4 days.

The beach is great. The water is nice and toasty. Kids will love it.

Chair rentals are $10 and umbrellas are $17. May be worth buying a cheap chair or umbrella for your stay and leaving it here rather than paying the above amounts. The burger shack has a great kids deal. By a kids meal and they get a free bucket and spade...... What every makes them happy and saves you money.

Happy to answer more questions if it will help. As I write this we are still in the hotel and check out tomorrow.

I a lot in the USA and Europe so I know a decent hotel when I see one. And this one is just fine.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel and to inform others about the area. Siesta Key is a very beautiful area and informing others about the prices is above and beyond, so thank you again!
Odessa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I came to this hotel for business and for pleasure! I have to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised. The company I was interviewing with put me up and I extended my stay for the weeken to visit family. The thursday night dinner was great and free beer! Hello? When does anyone give free beer anymore here they do! Laverne was super nice who served us, breakfast the next day was just as good we didn't have to go out to search for food everything was right here. Staff was nice rooms were in good shape and clean. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel and the success that you had during your stay. I am the new manager and we are working hard to esnure that you have a clean comfortable stay, we hope that you come back to see us again.
Palm City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This Hilton brand is good but this particular hotel was hard to navigate around to get to your room. I had to walk a great distance with a ton of "stuff" from my parking lot to the room, so I did not like that. The room was tidy and clean except there was a lot of tiny little hard crystal-like balls all over the floor (near bathroom) which I gave to the front desk to examine and advise housekeeping to do a better job. The service was good and they seemed to be amenable and care for your needs. For me, I think I'll stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I started my position a month after you stayed and I can agree with many of your statements, we needed to do a better job and it is my feeling after 45 days on the job that we have improved. I would like you to come back for a night as my guest, you may send me a response via trip advisor or you can reach out to me directly at the hotel or my e-mail edward.carroll@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

About a year ago I was looking for a hotel to house my wedding guests for my memorial day wedding. My husband and i got married at the Chelsea Center. We checked out some hotels near Siesta and none were as accommodating as the Homewood Suites. Not only did they give me great rates for my guests, but they gave us two different rooms to choose from. However, the thing that impressed me the most was the fact that they let us use one of their conference rooms for our rehearsal dinner for no cost at all. I was so overwhelmingly impressed by all the staff and how they met my every request with a smile. If you're looking for a place to stay central to Sarasota and Bradenton, this is it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I really like the Hilton chain. For example, their properties in Chicago and Naples where I have recently stayed are outstanding and a great value. So, I was surprised by the condition of my room on a recent one night business trip.
Check-in was pleasant and uneventful. Leaving the main entrance to drive to my room, I quickly noted there were no parking places available forcing me to drive to the far side of the hotel and walk back to my room with our luggage. Entering the room, we immediately recognized a mildew smell. On further examination, the cloth desk chair was deeply stained and the bathroom floor tiles popped and sagged beneath our feet. The corners of the floor in the bathroom had dirt in them and caulking around the tub had mildew in places. The bed mattresses were lumpy and broken down. I'll be having a chat with our Travel Department.

Room Tip: Try the Ritz Carlton