“This property is just "ok" but I'll stay someplace else...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Sarasota
Palm City, Florida
“This property is just "ok" but I'll stay someplace else...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This Hilton brand is good but this particular hotel was hard to navigate around to get to your room. I had to walk a great distance with a ton of "stuff" from my parking lot to the room, so I did not like that. The room was tidy and clean except there was a lot of tiny little hard crystal-like balls all over the floor (near bathroom) which I gave to the front desk to examine and advise housekeeping to do a better job. The service was good and they seemed to be amenable and care for your needs. For me, I think I'll stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Gwopilot
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I started my position a month after you stayed and I can agree with many of your statements, we needed to do a better job and it is my feeling after 45 days on the job that we have improved. I would like you to come back for a night as my guest, you may send me a response via trip advisor or you can reach out to me directly at the hotel or my e-mail edward.carroll@hilton.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

About a year ago I was looking for a hotel to house my wedding guests for my memorial day wedding. My husband and i got married at the Chelsea Center. We checked out some hotels near Siesta and none were as accommodating as the Homewood Suites. Not only did they give me great rates for my guests, but they gave us two different rooms to choose from. However, the thing that impressed me the most was the fact that they let us use one of their conference rooms for our rehearsal dinner for no cost at all. I was so overwhelmingly impressed by all the staff and how they met my every request with a smile. If you're looking for a place to stay central to Sarasota and Bradenton, this is it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank trpauley
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I really like the Hilton chain. For example, their properties in Chicago and Naples where I have recently stayed are outstanding and a great value. So, I was surprised by the condition of my room on a recent one night business trip.
Check-in was pleasant and uneventful. Leaving the main entrance to drive to my room, I quickly noted there were no parking places available forcing me to drive to the far side of the hotel and walk back to my room with our luggage. Entering the room, we immediately recognized a mildew smell. On further examination, the cloth desk chair was deeply stained and the bathroom floor tiles popped and sagged beneath our feet. The corners of the floor in the bathroom had dirt in them and caulking around the tub had mildew in places. The bed mattresses were lumpy and broken down. I'll be having a chat with our Travel Department.

Room Tip: Try the Ritz Carlton
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Curt909
If Conrad experienced what you did I am sure that he would be disappointed as well. I have been on the job 45 days and feel that we have made some very good improvements, We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that we have in place and I am not sure if you aware of that. I would like to reach out to you to see how we can reconnect and show you the improvements that we have made. Please reach back out to me via trip advisor or you can e-mail me at edward.carroll@hilton.com
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We have stayed here three times in the past four yrs, each time age of facility is increasingly noticeable. Facility needs updating, 'tho the convenience to beaches, shopping, travel is good and can overcome some weaknesses. Staff appears helpful, but they can do only so much working within the limitations. Second floor in center back affords less noise.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandy4556
Lincoln, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was such a nice place, I went back in January, the place was hosted one of those gold buying roadshows, people everywhere, could not get a seat for breakfast and the Police was there in the afternoon. I wont be back, to much drama

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank WarrenG70
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Excellent choice for our baseball team. The rooms are spacious with two double beds and a sofa bed. Full size fridge, sink and microwave are a huge plus. Breakfast is very good and well stocked escpecially with many teams staying there. Property is well maintained and staff did a great job.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nyjillk
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions, each time for a week. Due to family issues we would leave in the morning and not come back to our room until around 7-8 pm. The last two times we stayed there , housekeeping issues reared their ugly head. Room not vacuumed, lack of towels and wash cloths...and even worse, garbage not removed. The first time this happened I took the garbage to the front desk and they threw it away ...they had a hard time believing I did this ..IMHO. This trip is happened twice! The first time , I was so tired from our day..I just threw out in the outside cannisters. The second time , I became extremely upset ..as we did not also have any papertowels , tissues or a bathmat in the room. I again took the garbage down to the front desk and they said they would return the garbage can later. I asked to speak to the GM the next morning. Well morning came , no call. Did see her by the front desk and told her what occured , she asked what room I was in ...and she walked away without nary a word of an aplogogy or anything...BAD BAD. Doubt we will ever return .

Must add that the Maintainence person , Willie , was very responsive and personable when we needed a burnt out bulb replaced..the morning after checkin.

Room Tip: Always check your rooms before check in ,,did notice a real bad order upon checking in ..which I rep...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank gemro311
srqhw, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota. I understand that you encountered a problem with the cleanliness of your guest room. I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations, and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Sarasota you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again. I appreciate your honest feedback.