“I would be scared to see what the kitchen looks like” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
3926 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
941.364.5833
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #347 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Longboat Key, Florida
“I would be scared to see what the kitchen looks like”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place is filthy. Just gross. The ladies room has doors to stalls that have been ripped off, clogged toilets, and was just disgusting. The restaurant itself was not much better. if that is how the public places are kept, what is it like where we can't see?
i had the all you can eat smoked chicken, and my husband the ribs. The salad bar was ok, nothing great. it took FOREVER for our food. When it came, well, it was not great. Will never be back. I wonder when the last time they had a health inspection.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“Sonny's ... I think they are all the same.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Sonny's .... is Sonny's, no matter which one you go to they are essentially all the same. The food is good, the setting seems to be exactly like I remember it to be as a kid and the service is your average casual service.

Niagara Falls, Canada & Sarasota, Florida
“Best Bar-B-Q Ribs I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My girlfriend & myself ate at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, 3926 S. Tamiami Tr., Sarasota, Fl...around 3:00p.m. on a Friday, so we were fortunate to have the $10.99 ribs, and added their great salad bar. Food was excellant as always, but what made our meal outstanding was the service we received from Shannon. She was one of the best servers I have ever had the privilege of serving me. Not only was she friendly, courteous, and prompt, but went out of her way to keep our food for us in the fridge while we went walking on Siesta Keys Beach, as we did not want to leave the food in the hot car. The restaurant was very clean and that also impressed us., but Shannon, along with the great food, made our visit there one of my best dining experiances. Thank you Shannon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband has now beat his record here. Last week he had the all you can eat baby back ribs 3 racks which he was very proud of himself and yesterday we went and he ate 3 1/2 racks of ribs.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota Florida
“Best Baked Beans EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Sonny's is a great place for bar-b-q. The iced tea is delicious and plentiful. The chicken breast is juicy and full of flavor. A place my whole family likes to go. It's the Olive Garden of Bar-B-Q!! Great coonsistancy in the food quality.

Visited September 2012