“Very Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1735 Stickney Point Road, Sarasota, FL 34231   |
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hibiscus for about 2 1/2-3 wks. I loved the rooms and how it was like a mini apartment. The staff though is very judgemental and condisending. Our room was entered one day while we were out, even though the do not disturb sign was up. The next day we were told to leave, the reason unknown. The room was paid for, we didn't have people over a lot, & we weren't loud. The matniance man was expecially rude to us. He gave me rude suggestive looks and made inappropriate side comments. If you enjoy your privacy, I recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our first time at Hibiscus Suites. We were pleased with the suite we were in. The staff was awesome! Very nice, pleasant people. If there was anything we needed, they made sure that we had it. The rates for off season were excellent. It was nice that they have washer/dryer there. We would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Boca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came in -first impression dirty or old towels. Had to exchg myself and go to lobby. Place is run down- especially floors- cheap chipped up ceramic. Missing tiles in bathroom, Gold and silver fixtures together in bathtub. Couch looked so dingy and dirty - afraid to sit on it. Really dated and old. Light in living room not wkg. Woman came up to chg light bulb- nice but said unable to do -maint has to do instead- never heard from them again. I shouldnt have to ask more than twice. No follow up. Toilet clogged, old plumbing- all they did was give plunger to fix ourselves. Husband said if he cant fix wants another room. They said the didnt have another. So not accomodating at all. Next day put towels on floor to have them replaced- maid removed old ones but then didnt give new ones. Staff except for one woman - apathetic. Pool had frayed rope etc.. I could have stayed longer but opted to get out as soon as I could. I also got a rash while I was there and went to the walk in clinic and they said I had a fungus. With meds, out $70. As soon as I could leave I did. I then stayed at another hotel in Naples called INN AT NAPLES & this one is the way a hotel should be for the same price. Staff accomodating, clean, staff knew how to answer questions. All my needs were taken care of, and breakfast had more choices. This hotel won an award for the year. This is what you should look for in reviews. This motel had same thing every day - with hardly any choices. Cheap. Also Guy at night at this hotel could only give directions, didnt know anything else. Heres a tip - look at the worst reviews first. If you see more than you like - stay away...The Inn at Naples didnt have hardly any bad reviews. This one had a lot. Either I had a different room than all these satisfied people or maybe their standards are lower. Sorry this one is off my list...I am a more discriminating shopper. I expected a higher class place being in a more affluent area. This is a lower class motel. They didnt even have soap dishes for the soap which stuck to the counter. What does that tell you about this place? They arent willing to do any more than the least possible to get by. Well good luck with that- I am not coming back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our second time staying @ Hisbiscus and will definitely stay here again. We had a very clean, spacious room. Ours had the sitting/kitchen area, separate king size bedroom & bathroom. Only wished we had a light to turn on when you enter the room @ dark. We didn't want to leave the corner light on to conserve energy.
Rufus was very friendly & helpful as was all the other members of the team.
You can't beat the location especially if you are a walker like us. 10 minutes to the Beach, restaurants, shopping. (Publix, Ross, Bealls, New Balance, Peltz Shoes)
Just a small drive to St. Armand's Circle - upscale shopping. Not far from Venice Beach, Nokomis Beach.

Just wished the weather man would have co-operated with warmer temperatures & more sunshine.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Aledo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Our stay was mid November.I do not recommend this hotel which is just a step above the Motel6/Super8. Yes, it has a bedroom/bath/small living room and kitchenette but as for the rest forget it. The electrical outlets are dangerous. I needed to watch to make sure my plugs did not fall out of the outlet. The door had a half inch gap at the bottom and the noise from the street was awful, The Wi-Fi was sporadic and when we needed to be on the internet for work it was necessary to go to the lobby and do our work. The room itself is noisy...the refrigerator was terribly noisy and would wake me when it came on. I cannot believe Trip Advisor gave this property a 4 out of 5 rating....at best this is a one star property.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

the rooms are nice,basic but that's all you need for a beach rental..1 mile from siesta key..pool right in front of the office..quiet location..good deals when the place is not full the owners are pretty laid back.

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hibiscus sept.12. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated. We had a living room, kitchen, bathroom and a separate bedroom with two comfortable double beds.
The location was great, close to Siesta Key Beach. Staff were friendly and very helpful! The hotel is an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key? Share your experiences!