“nice enough, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1735 Stickney Point Road, Sarasota, FL 34231   |
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Dumfries, Virginia
“nice enough, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The location allows easy access to beaches and many of the attractions in Sarasota, which was why we chose it. The rooms are essentially converted apartments, so a good set up for families. They were in the midst of renovating when we went, and our apartment hadn't been done yet, so it was definitely dated, but clean. Service was good but not amazing, and the hotel was just what we needed for our short stay. The thing that bumps it from average to very good is the room set up - it's difficult to find such a good set up for a family at a reasonable price. This hotel delivers.

Room Tip: rooms away from the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really value all comments. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I would definitely recommend Hibiscus Suites to anyone looking for a good value + great place to stay in Sarasota near the gorgeous beaches, wonderful restaurants and the wildlife.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I liked Hibiscus so much I extended my stay.

The price is right and I was extremely pleased with both the efficiency room that I used as well as the one bedroom suite. Kitchen is well equipped and very handy.

Also the Carrabbas across the street is wonderful as well. There are a number of stores nearby and the hotel's location is just across the bridge from Siesta Key. Nice pool.

Planning my next trip already and will bring family.

Room Tip: Both the efficiency and the suites are super - just pick to fit your budget. Efficiency is just a st...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am so delighted that you enjoyed yourself here. Were even more delighted that you are planning your next trip here. We really do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you when you return.
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in the Hibiscus Suites for a night this past week. It was superb! It looks like the room has recently been renovated and was in tip-top condition. It was so convenient with children to have the extra kitchen space and full size refrigerator. Julie, I believe she is the manager, is warm and hospitable! A gem! It wasn't right on the beach, but close enough to be convenient; a short walk if you're ambitious or a quick ride in the car. Only thing that wasn't appealing was the pool right next to the road, but those things you can't just pick up and move so I understand. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Westport, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Disclaimer: I am slightly spoiled traveling and like the finer things. With that said, I don't mind staying a "regular" hotel at times when I know I'm there just for fun - beaches, parks, sightseeing and shopping and not on a luxury vacation. Traveling with my 2 and 6 year old we planned on visiting Jungle Gardens and spending days at Siesta Key. However, of our 3 night stay, we ended up leaving after the first night.
First, the good - the property was very, very, very clean. The housekeeping staff are amazing. Also, having a full size fridge is such a great plus. Parking is right outside your room - in motel style. It's only 5 minutes from Siesta Key although parking is difficult so just call FreeRide to get to the beach. However.....
The beds are hard as rock. Even my 2 year old couldn't sleep. Who ever knew toddlers to know the difference? I ended up having to take him onto the leather couch and let him sleep on my shoulder all night. My 6 year old tossed and turned and couldn't sleep at all. We were all awake at 3am exhausted and achy just waiting for the day to begin so we could leave. The worst part, you need to know if you're going with kids that the channel line up includes NO kids channels. No Nickelodeon or Nick Jr, no Disney or Disney Junior, not even the Toon channel or ABC family or even PBS.... on top of that, there was no DVD player at all to even be able to pop in a DVD so I could take a quick shower in peace. The air conditioning unit was LOUD. So much so that we'd rather swelter in the heat than deal with the noise.
The contintental breakfast is a nice offering, it's in the office and the staff is as nice as can be. But, it only consists of a waffle maker, toaster with a couple of bagels and a few choices of cereal.
All in all, good for anyone expecting a 2 star hotel, maximum three, and are okay with that. Go with the proper expectations. I mistakenly expected more based on the previous reviews and was majorly disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When we first pulled up to the hotel, we were a little concerned--it was pink and had the slight look of a 60's motel. However, our concerns were immediately put to rest. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were super clean and great sized. There was a living area with a couch of two and some chairs, a small kitchen area with a full size fridge, stove, etc. The bathroom was nice in that there was a sink both in the bathroom and also right outside the bathroom, so two people could get ready at once.
We didn't put the pool and there is no hot tub.
Breakfast was included and was the standard fare--cereal, yogurt, breakfast bars, and also a woman making waffles. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you Kitties102 for your review of our hotel. All feedback is greatly appreciated, and I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your exdperience. I am glad to hear that your concerns were put to rest immediately regarding the property, and that you found our newly-renovated facility of great comfort and enjoyment. Thanks again for choosing Hibiscus, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Fla with friends, we stayed and this hotel and really enjoyed it, it was clean the staff was friendly, the complimentary breakfast was great, the staff person making the waffles did an awesome job, made them just the way I wanted it, wish I could have gotten her name so I could mention her personally, the hotel was close to everything, beaches,restaurants, and the night life, it was a great place to stay and would definitely do it again,

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in a separate room from our friends, but I would definitely let them know ex...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Friends and Florida... doesn't get much better than that! Peggathe, your review is greatly appreciated. We pride ourselves on providing luxurious all-suite accomodations, to make Siesta Key vacations even better. Next time you're in the Sarasota area to visit your friends, please also remember your friends over at Hibiscus. We would love to have the opporunity to warmly welcome you back!
Pinedale, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Hibiscus Suites. Very clean and comfortable, nicely furnished, and the pool was beautiful. The hotel is located close to many restaurants and a shopping mall, as well as being right across the bridge from Siesta Key, so just a short 6-8 minute drive to Siesta Key Public Beach.
(If you're going to Siesta Key Public Beach, parking is ridiculous! Do yourself a favor and call Surfside Free Ride (941) 961-8238. It's a free transportation service for tips only. They'll pick you up right at the hotel, and drop you off at the beach.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, if you have trouble with traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Just as you had mentioned shellconk, traffic during the summer can be quite busy on the Key. Our friends over at Surfside Free Ride do provide complimentary transportation until 2am each day, so you have the opportunity to enjoy the nighlife that Siesta Key is known for. Thanks for also staying with us; we're glad to see you found our wonderful property well maintained and clean throughout. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon! All the best.

Been to Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key? Share your experiences!