“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1735 Stickney Point Road, Sarasota, FL 34231   |
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was a last minute find for my husband and I. We were absolutely pleased! The room was huge with a seperate kitchen and sitting area. It was very clean and the customer service was outstanding! We will definately come back!

• Stayed August 2012
cheaxt, Manager at Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much CJusino for expressing your experience. Although it was a last minute trip, I am glad to hear that we were able to accomodate you and leave a lasting impression, that is what we're all about. Thank you again so much for letting everyone know your experience, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Driving by, Hibiscus Suites reminded me of a place from long ago. With only two stories it's not huge but offers everything that we wanted. The proximity to Publix, the beach and restaurants couldn't be beat. The room was more than enough with comfortable beds, great shower pressure and ice cold air conditioning. Was shocked when I went to open a bottle of wine that there was even a bottle opener in the full kitchen. Staff was great...very helpful with any questions asked. I was suprised our room hadnt been renovated based on what it offered and after seeing a renovated room, I've already started making plans for next year.

Lisa

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Lisa for providing us with your feedback. As you had mentioned, we are an old school Florida hotel, and are proud of providing clean, comfortable, and spacious accomodations. I'm glad to hear that you felt the same. We are undergoing renovations, and hope to unveil what our new rooms will look and feel like very soon! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us at Hibiscus, and look forward to you joining us again soon!
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

So we arrived around 3:15pm to check-in on the 4th of July 2012, only to be told they were booked full the night before & our room wasn't ready at check-in time which was 3pm. So they say a few minutes, those few minutes turned into 4:30pm which caused us to be late for our plans! Twice I was told they were booked full the night before as I watched people come in check-in & get their room with no wait. How is this my problem I asked when told the 2nd time they were booked full night before, with no answer to that. I was told at 3:15 my room was 1/2 way ready & than over an hour to get the other half ready - REALLY???
Under staffed on a busy holiday apparently (poor management) & me & my plans were not important to them. My suggestion to them is have enough staff on hand to accomodate your guests that prepaid for this room a month in advance! Had I not prepaid, I would of drove the hour back home this night & told him to stick it. However it was easer for him to hide behind his computer rather than give a reasonable answer or do something, anything, to make-up for screwing our plans up.
So when we arrived back at 11pm there are fireworks going off everywhere in all their parking lots & they are hitting everyones cars & the manager isn't aware of this & it's happening right in front of his window? The man who was shooting them off in our parking lot wasn't even a paid guest, beer in hand, his kids at the pool & a trunk full of fireworks & than he left at 11pm to never return?

Next up, wake-up in the morning to find 2 BIG 1/2 dead cock roaches on the kitchen floor. It was pet-friendly (not just the cock roaches) and that's why we stayed there & the only plus of this establishment.

Never going back there again & I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest, I am sorry to hear that your experience with us at Hibiscus was not satisfactory. I have reviewed all of your comments and will be sure to look in to the issues you addressed. If you should have more concerns, please feel free to contact me at (941) 921-5797. I hope that you will give us another chance to show what you experienced was not normal. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just want to say that we loved and enjoyed the place.Great location,good service,nice rooms:clean and nice employees; for the price it was perfect.
we really enjoyed our trip to Siesta Key, thanks for your services and we will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you loha1966 for staying with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and glad to hear that is what you experienced. Thanks again for staying with us, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the worst place I have stayed at! The room was not ready at check in time and I was told to come back in 15 minutes. When we came back there was a different desk person. I asked for a discount due to the fact that the room was not ready at 3pm. He said "yes it was" , and I said no it was not. He then said, " I came in at 3 and it was ready. We never did get a discount. We thought about getting a different hotel; however, storm Debbie was in town and we did not want to drive anymore.

The condo was large; however, they had toilet paper stuffed in a hole in the ceiling, electrical wiring needs to be updated so it is safe. And we slept on top of teh covers! Didn't know what might be hiddening under the covers. The shower and mold growing on the walls.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE!

also, the washer and dryers are not in the room like they said they would be.
We stayed at a condo in Treasure Island for 20 more night, on the beach and it was outstanding!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, I am very disturbed by the words you have written about us, and am shocked that this is the first I have heard of this. I urge you to please contact me at (941) 921-5797 to discuss this situation, as corrective actions would need to take place if this was really the experience. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The maids are wonderful. The pool feels amazing. The front desk ladies are some of the nicest women i have ever meet. I completely and fully recommend this hotel to any tourist who want a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you Funny_the_Fifth for taking the time to let us know your experience. I am glad to hear that our Front Desk staff was helpful and kind during your visit. I thank you once again for letting the world know your experience, and look forward to your return visit!
Imperial, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I really hate to give this place a bad review because I feel like they are making a decent effort to give a good experience but my room was so outdated that it shouldn't have been rented in current condition due to carpet and bath tub. Let me start by saying the reason we rented here was that it was the closest place to Siesta Key that would rent for 2 nights (hotels and condos on the Key usually require 1 week minimum). We arrived at 11pm after driving from Orlando and was glad that the office was open to check in. They are open 24 hours so that is convenient. I thought the office smelled a little musty but it didn't look dirty and the guy that checked us in was very friendly. We got the key and drove around to our room. When we first walked in it didn't look too bad. The kitchen was standard quality, not too nicely updated but clean and sufficient. We turned on the light to walk to the bedroom and bathroom and that was the major disappointment. The bedroom carpet was supposed to be a pink color but was so worn and dated that it had black stains on it. I think they had made the effort to clean it but it was so stained and discolored I couldn't tell. The ceiling and walls were also stained and needed paint. The worst was the tub in the bathroom. It had green tile that had stains or mold around the tub grout. The floor of the tub was stained with black marks from being so old and worn. I asked my husband if he would call his grandpa to see if we could stay there instead but he said he thought we could deal with it for a couple nights. The linens on the bed were clean and the toilet was clean so that was most important. The couch and furniture in the living room looked a pretty worn too. I think they made an honest effort to clean the room but it needed remodeling and a new tub and carpet. I would not have rented that unit in it's current condition because it made the whole experience bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you guest for expressing the concerns with your room. I do apologize for any incinvenience you have experienced. I would like to say proudly that we are currently undergoing full room renovations, which will be completed shortly. New carpeting, paint, bath tubs, tile, countertops, appliances, and much more will be replaced soon. I hope that you will give us another chance in a few months when all of our renovations are complete, I would love to show you the new changes! Please call me at (941) 921-5797 when you are ready to book and I'll be sure you're taken care of.

Been to Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key? Share your experiences!