“What a Bargain” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Tucson, Arizona
“What a Bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My daughters and grand child are staying here while visiting us in Sarasota. What a lovely hotel and quite the bargain. They are staying in a 2 bed suite with kitchenette, living room and large bedroom. 2 large TV's. Room was spotless and the furnishings comfortable. The pool is well kept and large enough for fun. At a mixed price for the weekend averaging $76 a night, this place is the best bargain in all of Sarasota.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hibiscus Suites Inn is a nice facility, however I would under no circumstances ever go there as they practice fraudulent billing procedures. They presented us with a bill for the nights we stayed there and then charged our American Express account for several nights we were not even in Florida. When we protested the bill with American Express, Hibiscus Inn provided American Express with paperwork that indicated we stayed there on two nights in which we were in another state! Avoid these people unless you want to be cheated.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you have any sense
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This past weekend, my girlfriends and I spent a wonderful two days in Siesta Keys Florida. We spent our day at the number one beach in the nation then retreated to the Hibiscus Suites Inn which is only a five minute drive away. The staff was very courteous from the moment we arrived, till the moment we check out.

I read a lot of the reviews on this Inn prior to the trip and had very high expectations since I knew that it was under new management and I read that there were renovations taking place. I wasn't disappointed. When we walked in we were greeted with a very quaint living room space, with three comfortable couches, and a new flat screen tv. The curtains and light fixtures were new as well. There was also a small kitchenette. I was impressed to see that the drawers and cabinets were fill with plates, cups, utensils, etc. All the stuff you would need for a kitchen to feed four people.

In the bedroom I was disappointed to see that the carpets were old, but because they are doing renovation I did not base my rating on it. (When I left the next day I talked to the staff about it and they said that we were the last occupants before the new carpets were to be installed, so I was happy to hear that). The beds were nicely kept, and there was a new flat screen tv in the bedroom as well. I scrolled through the channels and was pleased to see that it had cable.

The girls and I headed out to the heated pool and had a nice time. The pool was large enough even with the other ten people that were in there with us. There were plenty of wrought iron patio furniture so we had our own little space and there were two fountains that made the scenery look nice. After the pool we headed back to the room.

The bathroom was decently sized and with four girls sharing the same one, it didn't seem overcrowded. I did however give the rating one star less only because I was disappointed in the water pressure that the shower provided. It seemed like it took us forever to wash up. Also, we didn't have enough soap so when we dialed the front desk to ask for more, they were prompt and arrived at our door moments later with what we needed.

The Inn is located centrally so we were able to drive to Publix (the local grocery) to grab dinner and some essentials for breakfast the next day. I ready in prior reviews that the breakfast provided wasn't much so I wanted to make sure we had something substantial in the morning.

Later that night we headed to downtown Sarasota which is also only moments away from the Inn. Finally when we arrived back at the Inn, we slept soundly. The neighbors are hardly noticeable. The only sounds we heard from them was when they moved some furniture upstairs. But that was only a few moments.

The next morning we utilized the kitchenette. (I did check out the lobby breakfast, and I'm glad I read the reviews from before because they were right. It was a very small selection). The four star rating for this also includes the pan that I tried using. It was old and terrible. At one point it was a nonstick pan but I tried to make eggs in it and trust me, there was so much sticking I just gave up. I do suggest that they upgrade their pots and pans. I'm not saying like High Chef Quality, but at least something useable.

Other than that we had a really nice time and I would highly recommend this to people. And I can't wait to book again. Looking forward to the completely renovated rooms :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

spent 2 nights...it's 5 minutes from Siesta Beach (free parking @ this beach). Enjoyed this motel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We were traveling through with no room. We stopped to eat in siesta beach, headed south. The resturant owner gave us the name. Clean neat and cute with kitchenette. Nice quiet place. Don't be afraid.

Room Tip: We got the last room a king suite...#224 it was nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

May 17 – 21, 2012- Sarasota, Florida.

The Hibiscus Suites Inn was excellent- "Our time was filled with nice sunsets, cool drinks and beautiful beaches."

This was my first time staying at the Hibiscus Suites Inn and everyone in my family was very impressed. All the amenities we needed were in the room, including a refrigerator, air conditioning, Wi-Fi Internet access, and silverware, drinking glasses, dishes, etc. The suite we stayed in was tastefully decorated and the couches were sooo comfortable - you just melted in them. There were even 2 -TV's in the living room and in the bedroom. There was even a nice desk to sit at and read or write and plenty of drawer and closet space.

Another thing I really liked about the Hibiscus Inn was that the walls are built solid and sturdy.
I could not hear any noise from my neighbors and they could not hear us. I slept like a baby on a very comfortable bed. The sofa's are so comfortable you can fall asleep just sitting on them!

All the people at the hotel were so nice and accomodating to all our needs. We had a nice breakfast every morning and they even kept the breakfast open so that we could eat breakfast anytime (even if we woke up later). There is also a heated pool that was fabulous. I have a dog and I was so happy that the Habiscus is a pet friendly hotel. This hotel is within walking distance to a mall that has anything you want. I wanted to get my hair done and I found two hair places within walking distance to the hotel. The hotel is close to Siesta Key Beach.

Since I am not from Florida, it was so nice that the hotel lobby had brochures on where to go for bicycle riding, kayaking and scooter rental in the Siesta Key area. The lady behind the desk was more than happy to help with anything our group asked for to make sure our stay was wonderful.

I would highly recommend this beautiful Inn to anyone and I cannot wait to return

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel staff was superb. The rooms were wonderful. The pool was nice. I would definately stay at the Hibiscus again. The proximity to Siesta key was an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
#11 of 11 in Siesta Key
3.0 of 5 stars 352 reviews
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach

Been to Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key? Share your experiences!