“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bradenton, Florida
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Everything was good. But the service was slow. And the two veal dishes were lukewarm, not to say cool. We ask to re-heat the food and it came back lukewarm. Disappointed. I like my food hot and I don't understand how a plate coming out of the oven can be served that way. If they can overcome this problem, this restaurant would be outstanding. Very nice atmosphere, good choice and you can bring your own wine for a $7,95 cork fee. Worth brinning a good bottle of wine. Will try again later.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lansing, Michigan
“Homey Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a pleasant home style Italian restaurant. The service was good as was the food. Our only problem is that the food was too oily for our taste.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Kept Secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Looks aren't everything. What appears to be a sports bar is more than that.

We've ate here twice for lunch in less than 5 days while on vacation.

The service is excellent while ambiance is just a sports bar or gathering place among friends or family. Our waitress is a pro.

The rootbeer is awesome and so is the food. We had three different meals among us and the second visit was the same. The food is excellent. This is not a tourist trap or likely to be found on your radar and it's worth the visit. Great Italian food, good value and excellent service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Ugh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a red sauce house. Had really poor service and food was not as good the second time we went. Waitress didn't tell us they were out of salad mix for salad and gave us something without asking us first.

Visited October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Overall Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've been there about 4 times now and every time the food has been very good. Actually, Probably the best Italian food I've had in quite some time. They give you rolls with tons of garlic - which I like. The gnocchi are made in a gorgonzola sauce, not just spaghetti sauce. I was hesitant on trying them because of the gorgonzola cheese, but loving gnocchis and my husband saying if I didn't like them he'd trade me, I figured I'd try them. Glad I did; they are the best I've had out in a LONG time!!! I've also had the (I believe it's called Onesti Special) which is chicken parm, eggplant parm and small side of pasta. This dish was also very good. The eggplant parm is rolled with ricotta cheese, which is very good. The wings are good along with breaded mushrooms - excellent. I am normally not a fan of cannolis because they always seem hard as a rock, but we tried them, and once again, they were very good.

So, two thumbs up for me as we've enjoyed the food and the service. The only thing negative is my husband said, his portions could have been a bit larger. He's had the chicken piccata, really liked it, said they make it the traditional way..

There is an outdoor seating area, however, the restaurant is in a strip mall and there isn't much much to look at other than a parking lot filled with cars.

The restaurant has a comfortable atmosphere. They have a small bar area, along with a few televisions throughout the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012