“Five Reviews?” 1 of 5 stars

941-444.7072
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Social on First is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #385 of 819 restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sarasota, Florida
“Five Reviews?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I both wrote and submitted reviews after our dinner here with friends, Oct. 11, 2013. Neither are posted. We both recall they were one at one time. This is concerning, obviously, esp. as we were critical and gave very low scores.

I know you screen every submission. Therefore, I neither expect nor do I want this message posted, anywhere. This is the first time we have experienced such a thing with Trip Advisor.

Please tell us what happened to our reviews. Five reviews thus far? This place is packed, we hear around town; though, mostly with tourists or bar goers. Something is fishy. Thank you for your attention.

Visited October 2013

54% Recommend
Florida, United States
“3 strikes you're out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I are locals in SRQ and went on 3 different occasions. The first time at the bar 2 weeks after opening. The bar was full and the 2 bartenders were busy so we tried to be patient. I had to ask for the same drink 3 different times and they forgot 3 different times. the food was okay. We let that time pass..... newer establishment... we gave them the benefit of the doubt. Very cool buildout

2nd time - bar outside a couple weeks later. It was early - 430 ish. We sat outside in a seat right by the bar but not at the bar. There were only 2 others at the bar and in the whole outdoor area as a matter of fact! We had to actually go inside and order out drinks because the bartender just standing & catting to the ONLY 2 other patrons in the whole outdoor area completely ignored us - not once but twice. Pretty infuriating. The food we finally order was pretty good but not worth the frustration. Again very cool place, very poor staff. ( the long haired bartender inside seemed to be the only professional we had met so far).

3rd (and last) time --- we thought lets at least try having a regular dinner sitting at a regular table and brought some friends that are in the restaurant business in another state and they wanted to try it. Awful - embarrassing dinner. it was 6 oclock reservation and they stuck us all the way outside (we wanted outside) in the far far corner. We asked the hostess twice if there was anyway she could move us up a little closer. (There was NOBODY in the tables outside at all!) She said no to us twice that the tables were booked. We mentioned our friends were in teh business and really wanted to see the whole place not be stuck in a corner.

Then we asked to speak to a manager.... she said ok and a gentleman came out to talk and we told him our request and it turned out he wasnt the manager but our waiter. We asked him ... he said let me ask the hostess. ad so on and so on. No manager ever came out ... The hostess was and is your first impression when you walk in the door anyplace. Why get some idiot - rude college girl that could'nt care less about customer service?

THEN the GRAND FINALE-- We left at 730 with all 6 tables in front of us Completely Empty the whole time...... Not one person in any one of the tables we kindly requested 3 times. Our friends live here 9 months out of the year and are actually own a James Beard awarded establishment ( not that we were going to say that to get an advantage).

If they would just train/ hire good people the place might have had a chance. I am already hearing from more than a few people how horrible the service is.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Loved the beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our second visit. They just opened a few months ago. The drinks were amazing. An amazing, but small, beer list. My young waitress is either a beer connoisseur or trained exceptionally well in her beer knowledge. My husband and I tried a few beers and we loved them. One friend had a martini and was very impressed. Good wine but again limited selection. Food was just okay. Good but nothing I would tell a coworker about. Although I did rave about our drinks. The atmosphere is as good as the drinks. Nothing I would do in that summer but very nice for now.

Paris, France
“Nice place for a casual dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We appreciated the food and the friendly service. Certainly not yet a great restaurant, but they just opened a few month ago, we were told, and they do a good job. Only one out of five guest was disappointed, but he did a bad choice. We certainly will return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good place for a drink”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Beautiful restaurant and nice decor. Great place for a drink. Menu very different. Food was not good. Neither entree we ordered was eaten.