“Great addition to University” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, British, Gastropub, Chicken Wings
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bradenton, Florida
“Great addition to University”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Loved the Thai Shrimp appetizer, very little breading, the Russian Valley Pinot Noir amazing (a bit pricey), the English Dip though is something I will keep coming for, so tender. Service was great and beautiful inside.

Visited July 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“A very pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

So after reading some favorable reviews online, my sister and I decided to try Revelry Pub and Grill for the first time tonight. We enjoy checking out new restaurants and we’re both pretty critical, so we were ready to put them to the test.

Happy to say our overall impression was terrific! We were seated in a roomy booth. Our server, Susie, was extremely pleasant, attentive, and knowledgeable of the menu. We were immediately served some scrumptious biscuits that had a unique flavor that we couldn’t identify, until our server revealed that it’s beer! Drinks and appetizers arrived quickly. We had the mango curry hot wings and brat bites, both delicious.

My sister ordered the short rib and mushroom pie. It had a tender, flaky crust, and the beef inside was cooked perfectly. I ordered the chicken madeira with mashed potatoes and green beans. It was a generous serving of chicken and potatoes, and the mushroom sauce was delicious. I especially liked the fact that there was plenty of sauce. (My pet peeve is when a restaurant skimps on the sauce and you still have half your chicken and potatoes and no sauce left! Definitely not the case here. )

The manager John, AKA Jay, was very friendly and genuinely interested in how our dining experience was. We did not order dessert or coffee, but they brought me a complimentary hot fudge sundae as we were there for my birthday. It was big enough for two and yummy!

We also ordered some items to go for our respective families. According to my sister’s husband the Cajun bleu burger could have used more Cajun but otherwise a good burger and fries. I took home a couple of pizzas, the wild mushroom and the golden potato. My family loved them. We are looking forward to our next visit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“They certainly try on service. Not sure about the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

3 couples went to this restaurant on Saturday night. The restaurant was not that busy and we were able to sit at the bar for a drink with no problem. The bar decor is quite pleasant. The bar tender was quite busy and was not on point but she was quite friendly. We sat down for dinner and our waitress was accommodating and friendly. We hade a variety of items, the scallops were great but only 3 scallops on the plate for 22.00 seemed a bit small. The English dip sandwich was enjoyed, the Mac and cheese I was told was quite good. The manager came over and asked how everything was and we stated that things were fine....this is a good touch. The restaurant has not been open that long and I believe they have time to work on a few things. With the amount of restaurants in the area competition is stiff. Not sure we will return as their are so many choices here. If you have not been to this restaurant I suggest you give it a try and experience for your self!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stopped at the bar before dinner & were greeted by a very knowledgeable bartender. Happy Hour prices were quite reasonable. If you like beer the selection is impressive. The pizzas being served looked great. We ate in the dining room & were pleased that for the size of the space it was not noisy. Most of our table ordered the burgers which were also very good. The English muffin bun is a nice touch. Our server was very attentive & although young she was quite professional. We will return soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Lucky Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was in town for two days and on a Monday evening needed a place to eat. I was staying at the Courtyard Airport location and asked the front desk for recommendations and all I got was "I think there is a Buffalo Wild Wings further down University on the left.
Well I never did see the BWW but found this gem instead. Sat at the bar, enjoyed the sports on TV and even though they had several (30 some) beers on tap I wasn't in the mood to experiment and just went with Miller Lite and the roast beef dip sandwich. The bar keeps were extremely attentive and the sandwich was heavenly. Very tender with a great homemade roll and with horseradish and dipping sauce. It was marvelous. I suggested to the manager that he drop by the Courtyard with a directional sheet as I can't be the only guest their this week frustrated by the dinner (or lack of) choices that the staff knew of. Overall, very good, I will be spending more time in Sarasota in the near future and I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere