“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We arrived and were greeted by a very friendly Italian gentleman and was shown to our seat, the restaurant was not very busy. Our waiter was fabulous, very knowledgeable and friendly. There was 6 of us and we started w/carpaccio and the sautéed spinach and garlic they were excellent. We had quite a variety of dinners between us all which we all raved about them. We had cappuccinos to finish off the evening. And then the greeter was chatting w/us and bought us a round of shot of Limoncello on the house.

All and all it was amazing.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great food, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've been to this restaurant 3 times. The service is slow, but when you're with friends, it works out okay. However, the third time, which was a few months ago, my husband and I waited over an hour and 15 minutes and still, not food. We were at the bar and I told the bar employee we would need to leave but I wanted to explain to the manager why we were leaving. We spoke not to the manager, but the owner of this restaurant. Not only was he rude to me, but he cursed during our conversation (more than once) and asked me if I ever owned an f***** restaurant! Well, we haven't.. and neither should he. He chastised the bar employee, which was out of line for several reasons, and she told us she was sorry we had mentioned anything because "we know how he is".. Unfortunately, I bet she no longer works here - we haven't been back, needless to say. Too bad because we really like this restaurant,. I just can't patronize a restaurant whose owner curses at me for being hones, t but calm and polite. (We weren't the only ones who left without eating that evening..) I really feel sorry for people who work for someone like this. I really want the restaurant to succeed, but a much better attitude from the owner and faster service (not the fault of the servers) is needed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Great food but mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The menu is outstanding and the preparation and presentation are excellent. The service is not. Staff not cordial and seemed almost patronizing when we didn't order appetizers or ala carte salads. Busing of table while we were finishing our wine and talking made us feel we were being hustled out to make the table available; but there were no customers waiting to be seated.
Location is in an area of professional offices and well off the beaten path. Certainly not going to attract any drive by or walk up traffic.

Visited November 2013
Sarasota
“Good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was very good. I have other Italian Restaurants I prefer for the same price point. Service was fine.

Visited September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Eggplant Parmesan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Best eggplant Parmesan in Sarasota. Sauce is what you would hope for and did receive at Chianti's. Service was excellent. Bread was hot and crispy served with oil and vinegar, or if you prefer, butter. Recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013