“Nice experience.” 4 of 5 stars

+1 941-952-9106
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mangia Italiano The Usual Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 851 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Parrish, Florida
“Nice experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

One thing that I've noticed about this place is that there's not much people dining here. The food is good and the service is very good. Serving size is just enough....I mean not like the commercial American Italian restaurant (which I expect). Nice place for a romantic date. I think it would be better if the management would put some blinds , curtain or anything to control the light inside the restaurant to make the setting a little bit dimmer especially on a daylight saving time. My rating: 3.5 to 4 out of five.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The original italian food! First quality of products and amazing pizza! Great service and fantastic staff!

Sarasota, Florida
“Stunned by Quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was stunned! How could a restaurant with this caliber of high quality Italian food be so hidden, so reasonable in price and not have an hour waiting line to be seated??? It is a gem that is still undiscovered - that's what! If this were located downtown Sarasota, you wouldn't think twice about paying twice as much, and the truth is ….I would!! This restaurant OVER delivers!
We had the lasagna (melt in your mouth quality) and the chicken with pesto and grilled vegetables was fabulous, both around only $18. The generous pour of fine chianti was only $7 and a first class Belgian beer was only $4. This can't be!
We are going back - we are bringing friends - this place is the best in town!

sarasota, Fl
“Best pizza since our trip to Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of having dinner here on a Saturday night. We shared and antipasto appetizer, gnocchi with bolognese sauce, pizza, and tiramisu. Everything was delicious. The gnocchi were truly homemade and the pizza was exactly like the pizza we had in Italy. To top of a fabulous night of food and service the owners gave us a complimentary shot of chocolatecello, their version of lemoncello. It was divine! I was so disappointed to find out we couldn't purchase a bottle to bring home. I really hope this restaurant stays around. If I had one criticism it would be the wine list. For a restaurant with this caliber of food the wine list should be a little more extensive. I believe they only had 1 option for Chianti by the glass.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“Lovely Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I met friends for dinner at the recommendation of several people, The staff was helpful and attentive. The veal and artichoke dish was excellent - veal tender and succulent. We ordered a pasta dish and it turned out it was too spicy for our taste. Excellent dessert with three different sweets that were delicious and a nice treat that we all could share. The complimentary chocolate liqueur was like eating/drinking chocolate pudding - outstanding finish to an excellent meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Food