“The Absolute Best Pancakes!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The Absolute Best Pancakes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We loved this place! Nice atmosphere with lots of windows & natural light. I asked our waitress what kind of pancakes were we eating. She said buttermilk made homemade everyday. The special flour is brought in from Miami. My husband, the pancake critiquer, loved them!! They are fluffy, light, bites of heaven! The French toast was also very tasty. Judging from the pancakes & French toast, I can only imagine the waffles are awesome also. We first visited the original word of mouth restaurant the day before which had an awesome cinnamon roll but the pancakes were no match for Millie's!! Loved it!!

“Will go again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My sister and I have been to Millies several times and we haven't had enough bad to say to never come back. It was a different type of dining style, when you enter the restaurant it has a split dining room the server greats you on the right ; or should I say stands there cluelessly until you walk over to them, and the three times I have gone nobody welcomed me when I came in. The food was remarkable my favorite item on the menu was the Russian blintzes they are so creamy on the inside I wanted many more. We also has pancakes and fruits cups oatmeal which wasnt anything special. Overall the food was a 4.5 out of 5 however the service when being greeted and seated was a 1 out of 5 . When going to have a meal you must not only judge the food but you must also judge service, quality of the presentation and environmental feel of the restaurant. This supposed upscale breakfast and lunch diner was not to par because the tables and chairs varied from lawn chairs to patio furniture. As this may seem to be fascinating for some it was not a visual improvement. I will be back to Milled for round 4 but I will be going for the food and not the service. I believe the raiting of a 3 is not too dramatic as the experience was only average.

“Nice place but bland!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

If you want to go to a place that reminds me of being in Vermont this is the place for you.
Hearty breakfast with eggs, oatmeal the usual stuff but bland!
Friendly staff dressed in old fashioned dresses with aprons
Good place but boring

Visited April 2014
Westfield, MA
“very good breakfast !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Breakfast last week was excellent. Waiting for the big apple baked pancake was well worth the wait . The service was pretty good. The waitress was very attentive. I would recommend this place for breakfast anytime.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clermont, Florida
“Great biscuits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have visited Millie's numerous times before when I visit the area but not since I started using Trip Advisor.

Millie's is one of my favorite breakfast places in South Sarasota. It has a lovely atmosphere and enough room between tables that you can have a conversation without hearing the talk from the next table. I would recommend table seating as I find their booths very uncomfortable. Very upright, wood backs that have a decorative edge at top that just hits me in the wrong place if I try to lean back in my seat. But the tables are each different and offer very comfortable chairs.

This time I had a simple meal of poached eggs with potatoes, ham and biscuits. The eggs were done perfectly. My biscuit was wonderful. I am also an iced tea lover and their tea is fresh brewed.

I have had their omelettes and they have a sausage breakfast burrito that is superb.

I would, and have, recommended Millie's to everyone.

• Visited April 2014