“What a great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Jacksonville, FL
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We ate at many locations during our vacation in Siesta Key and the Dutch Valley was one of our favorites. The food was really good and the staff was very friendly. You definitely get a great value for the money. One of us had breakfast and the other had dinner, and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We will ertaiy go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dutchvalleysrq, Public Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience!

Sarasota
“Always Delicious, a restaurant NOT to miss over and over again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent Servers!
Full Course Meals!
Take Home encouraged

Thrapston, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value and top-line staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found the DV quite late in our stay in Sarasota. Sad because we would have visited more often if we had found it earlier. I think the 'restaurant' title is a little optimistic, I would put it in the 'Diner' class. However, the service is excellent, the food is wholesome and delcious and the prices are more than reasonable. I read another review here claiming that the serving staff lacked character. I couldn't disagree more. One lady server, on realizing that we are Brits, asked me to just 'trust her' and she brought me a meal which consisted of country ham (excellent) shallow fried potato (also excellent) and poached eggs. Seconds later she came back with Sarsons malt vinegar, just what a Brit needs! The fresh orange juice is outstanding, although unlike the coffee it's not a bottomless glass (sad). Breakfast is a delight with few patrons on weekdays and they will serve you almost anything you ask for. My thoughts on pancakes with bacon (!!) and syrup cannot be printed here. We tried lots of different meals at the DV over multiple visits and I must say their corned beef hash is the best I've tried outside the UK (better than most within the UK!). It's actually better than my own. If you should chance to have Matt as your server, you're in for a real treat. Great conversation and if you're lucky he'll read your mind for you - I joke not. Noticeably a lot of locals use the place as a regular eating house. Lots of them were known by the staff and greeted by name -always a good sign for any eatery. The only surprise was how busy the place was on a Sunday. We didn't have to queue but we weren't far from having to. I should mention that their prices are more than reasonable, A substantial meal for two of us including drinks (non alcoholic) would be around the $25 mark, and even less if you chose carefully. When a server arrives with two plates to hold one meal, you know it's good value. Overall, we were delighted with the place and will certainly be regular visitors when we return to Sarasota next year.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
dutchvalleysrq, Public Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, especially all the way from the UK!
We are so hppy to hear you enjoyed your meals with us and look forward to seeing you again next year.
The Dutch Valley staff
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I just expected it to be another ho-hum diner. Boy, was I wrong! I ordered the Brosted chicken. I got three pieces of the moistest tastiest chicken I have had in a long time. Plus it came with a soup, and salad, and a side dish, and dessert. I had to ask for a box to take the left over with home with me. It was just too much food, and the taste was just great. The other patrons around us seem to be enjoying the food as much as we were.

Visited August 2013
It's so good to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us. Our Broasted Chicken dinner is fairly new but quickly becoming one of our customer's favorites!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Dutch Valley staff
Sarasota, Florida
“Amazing Authentic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I ordered a spanicopita that came with a fresh mediteranian salad and marvelous rice pudding for dessert. It all came together in a packaged wonderful fresh colorful meal. The atmosphere was like an amped up diner with smiley servers and a fresh feeling. I am so lucky to live so close to this amazing, gracious diner. (My 18 month old is also welcome, with crayans and a child tolerant restaurant.) If you have a craving for fresh. authentic, and American food, look no further than Dutch Valley Restaurant.

• Visited June 2013