“VERY EXPENSIVE, SMALL PORTIONS FOR THE MONEY” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #378 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“VERY EXPENSIVE, SMALL PORTIONS FOR THE MONEY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

when my partner and I visited your restaurant we were waited on right away and looked over the menu. My partner ordered an open face roast beef sandwich with 2 sdes. When it arrived, it was on the smallest piece of bread, not toast, that I have ever seen (1 slice and not 2 slices of bread) and the 2 sides were corn and green beans (about 1 tablespoon of each put on the plate next to the bread. My lunch was a turkey wrap, which came with white and dark meat, lettuce and tomatoe-no sides. I asked the waitress if I could have just dark meat, as it was my preference, and she said "it is portioned for white and dark meat". I wanted cranberry sauce to go along with it seeing I did not receive any "sides" with the wrap and was told "we only serve cranberry sauce on Monday's"... What does the day of the week have to do with Cranberry sauce??? Seeing there was NO sides with the wrap, I ordered a salad, which cost $2.95 and it was delivered in a soup bowl with lettuce,2 small cherry tomatoes and a 2 inch slice of cuke. Does this constitute a "Salad" for $2.95?? No one came back to the table to ask if our meal was "satisfactory". When I paid the bill, which was $19.00 the man at the register just took the money and said "have a nice day".. When you dine out you want to have a FULL stomach when you leave the restaurant, not stop at Subway/Jersey Mikes to add a sub to fulfill your lunch entree. We were very very disappointed with the service, the small portions that this restaurant serves and the very very expensive prices that they charge.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Siesta Key Florida
“Where the locals go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

3 burgers for $1.99 - can't beat those "tasty burgers" - also have beer and wine with reasonable priced dinners! Free Beer Tomorrow!

NEW WINDSOR
“A hidden gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Value and service. DON"T go there....so then it will not be crowded and I can find a seat. If you do go...try breakfast

Visited April 2011
Durham, North Carolina
“This is one of those hole in the wall gems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have been coming here off and on for almost 13 years. This little gem is often overlooked by tourists and we locals are happy about that. Pancakes, hamburgers, eggs of all sorts. It's like Denny's menu with great taste and good service.

Visited November 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“These burgers rock!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I get the tastey burgers to go whenever I'm on that side of town. The onions on them are grilled, not raw which is a nice touch. The onion rings are great.The fries are mushy and under-done, but I like them that way! The owner is usually there and always says thank you as the customers leave. It's a wonderful, family-run gem. The employees have stayed the same throughout the years, and that really says something about them. A must-try.

• Visited July 2011