“Our absolute favorite restaurant in Sarasota!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Our absolute favorite restaurant in Sarasota!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were in Siesta Key for 6 weeks and ate here 6 times during our stay!!
Early bird specials good Italian food and great value!!!
Service is super!!

“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

After being to Italy and eating the food there I never thought I would be possible to eat that way again until I returned to Europe. I was wrong! Cafe Baci is truly authentic Italian food and I felt like I was back in Tuscany when eating in the restaurant. The staff is so friendly the atmosphere is perfect for a date night or a quick dinner during the week. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Upscale food, service and decor at modest prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Living in New Jersey, we have our choice of many fine Italian restaurants. We were doubtful but hopeful that Baci would reach that level. It did. The food was well prepared with many choices. The service , by the lovely Jessica, was friendly and very efficient. The room is warm and welcoming. The bill was modest. We'll be back.

Visited February 2014
“Cafe Baci/ My visit to Sarasota, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I only travel to Sarasota every couple of years! Family was very excited about this restaurant and insisted we eat there.
Personally, I found it hard to believe (finding outstanding AUTHENTIC Italian food is rare to none in the south) but since it did have rave reviews I had to check it out....
My advise...DO NOT miss out on this dining experience.
The owner Roberto Mei personally checked on us during the course of our meal...I thought..What? Owners just don't do that anymore!
I am Italian and like I mentioned earlier...the food is the REAL DEAL!
We made a reservation. Were seated promptly..And the prices are very reasonable..
Surprising, b/c the food was cooked to order and not a chain...we all know those restaurants...
Ok...to be honest..I ate there twice that week...I think my family got a kick out of saying "I told you so".

Saginaw, Michigan
“Portion Price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My love for shrimp and a recommendation of a friend drove me to make a reservation for Valentine's Day. I am not a pasta eater, so I ordered two shrimp Baci appetizers for my main course. It was not on the Valentine Menu, but our waiter interceded for me. He was WONDERFUL! I told him he could put the two orders on one plate to be helpful and not to clutter up our little table. He arrived with a huge pasta bowl overwhelming the six measly shrimp. I thought he had only brought me one order. He informed me that each appetizer was the odd number of three. I really thought that was strange since most restaurants put an even number on an appetizer plate to "share". The shrimp tasted like they had been doused with clam juice and rubbery with some paper-thin mushroom pieces. The waiter could read my disappointment and had the manager come to the table. He offered some solace by reducing my portion of the bill by 25%. Some tables had roses, some didn't. The tiramisu was delicious as well as the cheesecake

• Visited February 2014