“A Special Place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 851 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Hudson, FL
“A Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Cafe Baci has stood the test of time, 22 years of it, our server told us. I've seen it for years and finally made a reservation for a Thursday evening. They do little advertising in the tourist pamphlets. They don't need to do that judging from the busy restaurant we entered yesterday at 8 p.m.

Our server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. An antipasti plate along with bread and pesto was brought immediately. I had looked up their menu and wine list before we went there. Recently we've seen wine prices rise dramatically in some Sarasota area restaurants. At Cafe Baci we ordered a bottle of white table wine for $18. The wines were mostly affordable. Our dinners were delicious and afterwards we were treated to a free liqueur. We'll visit here again on our next trip to Sarasota.

• Visited May 2013

Montreal
“Authentic italian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I went with my wife for dinner on a week day. The place was full and I was lucky I had a reservation. The food was truly fine Italian cuisine. I knew it would be great fare from the moment we tasted our salad served with succulent homemade dressing.This is always a good test in an Italian restaurant. If the salad is not excellent, chances are the rest will not be either. That's the way it is with the paesanos. Then we had Osso bucco,my favorite ( they always have it on wednesdays and sometimes if there is any left on thursday) and my wife a veal scaloppine marsala with mushrooms. This was accompanied by a good bottle of Chianti. The service was excellent, the waiter was very kind and told us were we could buy veal in Florida! The info was accurate. We will go back next year while vacationing in Siesta Key. We might go more than once and bring friends.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal
“Authentic Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I went with my wife for dinner on a week day. The place was full and I was lucky I had a reservation. The food was truly fine Italian cuisine. I knew it would be great fare from the moment we tasted our salad served with succulent homemade dressing.This is always a god test in an Italian restaurant. If the salad is not excellent, chances are the rest will not be either. That's the way in is with the paesanos. The we had Osso bucco ( they always have it on wednesdays and sometimes if there is any left on thursday) my favorite and my wife a veal scaloppine marsala with mushrooms. This was accompanied by a good bottle of Chianti. The service was excellent, the waiter was very kind and told us were we could by veal in florida! The info was accurate.
We will be going back next year during our vacation in Siesta Key. We might go more than once and bring friends along.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A must place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Drive by daily for years kept telling myself I should stop. Finally did and what a great place. A great wine list that won't leave you broke. Friendly wait staff that truly goes above and beyond. The food was out if this world. For any travler this is a must stop for fine dining. I will return time and time again

• Visited April 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Authentic Fresh Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is my third time to this restaurant. The food was consistently outstanding. The service and the decor was excellent. On wensday they have an osobuco { veal shank} which was excellent. I would suggest the Bruchetta Baci under the antipasti menu. The drive from Port Charlotte is about 45 min and the menu is a little pricey. The food And sevice was worth the time and money.

• Visited April 2013