“Great place to go in Sarasota” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 828 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Munhall
“Great place to go in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you're looking for an all around extremely good restaurant, this is it. The food is always great, the atmosphere is good and the people are very friendly. I have been here a number of times and always had a great experience

87% Recommend
Sarasota, Florida
“Fabulous food, good atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Cafe Baci is a wonderful place to get great food in a quiet, friendly atmosphere, with excellent service.

We frequently go to Cafe Baci because we can count on a great experience. We love the food: Their pasta and seafood is the BEST anywhere and my husband won't even bother ordering eggplant parmesan anywhere else because it's so outstanding at Cafe Baci. The bread and dipping sauce is fabulous. The seafood is fresh and delicious. We've loved everything we've ever ordered here. Chef Roberto Mei is a genius!

The atmosphere is just right: active enough to be fun, but quiet enough that you can enjoy dinner conversation with your friends.

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Word of Mouth- DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

During a layover in route to Siesta Key, FL my husband and I met a lovely woman from Sarasota and passed the time discussing local restaurants. She highly recommended Cafe Baci and are we glad she did. It has become our favorite place to dine.
The ambience is perfect with old world decore and just enough lighting. The food rivals our own Rhode Island best Italian dishes and homemade pastas. Of my favorites at Cafe Baci is the Eggplant Parmigiana-thinly sliced rounds of lightly breaded eggplant towered high and layered with parmigiana and mozzerella then topped with a delicious red sauce. My husband claims the Chicken Parmigian and Pasta Fagioli are the best he's ever had. He often has seafood dishes such as Shrimp Fra Diavolo or the Frutti DiMare.
The portions are plentiful and I've never had a problem with simple substitutions. The staff is pleasant and proficient. We have proudly brought many of our RI visiting friends there and been happily accomodated and they have been very impressed with the food and reasonable prices.
Owner Roberto Mei and his son Michael have always been cheerfully present with warm greetings and work to make sure all customers enjoy the best of Cafe Baci. We will continue to spread the delicious word "you've got to go to Cafe Baci."

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“the chicken parm man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

food was excellant , service was wonderful , over all a wonderful experience.... the chicken parm man

Visited March 2013
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“This wasto our first visit to this popular restaurant, but it won't be our last.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Friends of ours suggested we try this restaurant during our visit to this area. They told us they go there every Friday night, and now that I've been, I can see why. The atmosphere is charming, the prices are fairly reasonable, the service js excellent, and the food is very good. Although I had a problem with undercooked sea bass, it was subsequently resolved, and I can honestly say, their crabcakes were probably the best I've ever had. I'm looking forward to a return visit so that I can try some of the other items on their varied menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food