“Bene Italiano” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 944 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Boston
“Bene Italiano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Enjoyed a nice meal here prior to a show at the Van Wezel. Atmosphere is comfortable, service was prompt and attentive. We tasted the house wine special, a Rosso, which was quite nice and we ordered a bottle for a very inexpensive $18.00. The Red Snapper, Chilean Sea Bass, and Veal trio dishes were all excellent. The lasagna was very tasty especially if you like a sauce with lots of meat. All portions were generous. The sautéed mussel appetizer was enough for two, and the small portion salads were plenty for one and very fresh.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Lakewood Ranch
“Great food and Great service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went to Cafe Baci to celebrate Valentine's Day ...and it has been one of our best Restaurant's experiences. We ordered the Calamaris and they were great, the best in town. I specially loved their tiramisu, and the Veal parmesan was excellent!!! The server Kim was very nice and professional. I highly recommend that place to families and couples.

• Visited February 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Only Took Me 6 Years To Eat Here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been driving by Cafe Baci for the last 6 years and everytime I say to my husband, "We should eat there one day!". However when it comes to making dinner plans we always tend to stick to the chain places in town (I know, UGH, right!?!) and we would always forget about Cafe Baci. Well this past Saturday my 6 year "dream" finally came true. My husband surprised me by making reservations and I was thrilled when we arrived! We were seated at a nice table in the back area, it was at 6:00 PM so it wasn't quite busy yet. We started out by ordering the appetizer on special; Baci Pasta Sachets. O.M.G. It was one of the best things I have EVER eaten. Homemade pasta, filled with four cheese in a truffle cream sauce. If you have ever had any form of the truffle "flavor", you know what I mean. If you haven't, you are totally missing out! It's such a unique flavor. It was $11 for 5 of these small sachets but it was worth every penny. I also ordered a glass of wine, they only have 10 by the glass, so I went with a Reisling. It was wonderful! My husband ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu that was on special and he loved it. I had the Chicken Parmesan. Both of our entree's came with roasted potatoes and green beans which were wonderful. The only mistake I made was not ordering pasta with my meal, as I assumed it would come with it, which is my fault because that is clearly not always the case! In total we spent about $85 including tip, which is mainly due to my $8 glass of wine and our appetizer. I thought for the portions we received that the prices were quite reasonable. We had such a nice meal, great service, great atmosphere. We can't wait to go back! I have really missed out on some amazing meals these past 6 years!

• Visited January 2013
NEW WINDSOR
“Been around for ages and the food is why”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A bit on the upscale for Italian. $14.95 for pasta and meatballs is "dear" but the good is good and consistent. Easy parking, and always had nice service. Just bring $$$

Visited March 2012
Chatham, Massachusetts
“okay, but not great Italian dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The standard italian fare, was good, but not exceptional. The members of our party who had the rack of lamb and fish were barely satisfied with their dinners. The service was excellent.

• Visited January 2013