“Tasty food and excellent service from veteran Leigh” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, GA, USA
“Tasty food and excellent service from veteran Leigh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The restaurant has been in Sarasota over 20 years and our server, Leigh, has been there for 14 years. She did a great job of taking us through the menu and our lunches of chicken enchiladas and the flour tortilla sandwich with fries were very tasty. Good chips and salsa. Very pleasant lunch indeed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best food and sangria and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We just moved here and I have a feeling this is going to be our favorite place!! Plus Cheryl the owner is super nice!!!

“Repeat customer. Never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I have never given a restaurant a "Terrible" rating and have never left a restaurant because of poor service. Until today.

Like many other reviewers we have eaten at Two Senoritas countless times. Similar to many of the other reviewers the food and service have gone down steadily in quality. Our visit today was the final nail in the coffin!!

The service was horrible. We left before the food arrived. Why?

The restaurant was not busy and we were promptly seated. Five minutes later the two tables next to us were seated.

Our waiter finally came over for our drink order. We requested some of their extra hot salsa which I always enjoy. The regular salsa is way too bland for me but my wife eats that one. The people who arrived at the tables after us were given their drinks first. Waiter forgot about the hot salsa. I reminded him twice and he finally brought it...only after serving the adjacent two tables THEIR MEALS!! We waited around for another 15 minutes. The people at the table next to us were by this time finishing their meals. Our meals and our waiter were nowhere to be seen. At this point we gave up.

We told the hostess to get us our "drink bill" and that we would be leaving. Our waiter now appeared, even more rude than before and was upset -claiming the food would be right out. He told us that the other tables received their meals first because ours had fajita meat in a "Super Burrito." Instead of being apologetic the waiter became belligerent, arguing with us and claiming that there was no issue or problem. No manager came to see us.
We paid for my wife's Margarita and my iced tea and left, while the waiter began arguing again. He claimed his service was good. Maybe he thought we were going to leave a tip.

By the way we always tip 20-25% so to not tip a waiter is unheard of.

Upon reflection my wife asked me "what was that smell in there. ". There was an odor of garbage or spoiled lettuce in the restaurant. It wasn't until my wife mentioned it later that I realized it must have been really bad. I have bad sinus disease and if I smell something it is usually a huge problem.

Anyone know of a good Mexican restaurant in Sarasota?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Go to art school.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been eating at this restaurant for years and have always had great service and great food. After my experience there TonIght I will not be returning again. The food was delicious but a little overpRiced for the small portions and the service toningt was absolutely horrible! !! The server basically took our order and gave us our drinks (which she couldn't remember who had what) and absolutely nothing else. I observed her standing at the front the whole time, ignoring our empty glasses. She did not even bring us our chips which we had specifically asked for. The chips finally came after our food was brought out... both by anther server. On the way out I noticed the picture she had been drawing the whole time, not bad work. Maybe this waitress is in the wrong career field and not every waitress is a good waitress but where were the managers? Not happy with toningt at all and certainly won't be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Good food, good service, nice atmosphere, not a long wait to get in! Outside and inside seating! Good location!

• Visited May 2014