“A perfect night and perfect meal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's On East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 795 Restaurants in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bahia Vista
Description: Founded on April 27, 1987, the celebrated Michael's On East restaurant takes fine dining to another level, offering award-winning cuisine and outstanding service, in an exceptional 1940s supper club atmosphere. Michael's On East was one of only ten restaurants in the nation to be inducted into the 2009 Nation's Restaurant News Fine Dining Hall of Fame, considered the Oscars of the restaurant industry, and recently received their 25th consecutive AAA Four-Diamond Award - one of only two restaurants in Florida with this distinction. Upon entering the dining room, you are immediately dazzled by the plush design and inspired decor. The restaurant's intimate aura, along with its contemporary fare, world-class wine cellar and incomparable service, create an unparalleled dining experience that will give you every reason to keep coming back.
Tampa, Florida
“A perfect night and perfect meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Sarasota for the weekend and we decided to have our date night at Michael's based upon the wonderful reviews we read in Trip Advisor. This was a great choice... From the excellent cocktails to an amazing meal in the perfect setting. We both had the bone-in ribeye that was melt in your mouth delicious and then we shared the truffle Mac & cheese and creamed spinach. We left with plenty of left overs which allowed us to enjoy this perfect meal from home the next day. Our evening concluded with a visit from Michael who was checking in with us at our table to ensure we had a wonderful meal - and boy did we!

Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“A very pleasant meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Michael's on East is as elegant and fine-dining as Sarasota gets. This restaurant has been around for a while and seems to continue to improve. The choices are quite varied, both for food and for wine. The best value is for their world-exploration special menu; otherwise the prices can be steep. The steaks are excellent, but NYC-priced. Service is impeccable.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Incredible Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had dinner with 2 out -of-town friends last night at Michaels on East. My pompano was a fabulous dinner and my friends were blown away with their veal chop and NY strip. Chris did an amazing job serving us. We splurged with a side of Molly's Mac n Cheese and a yummy ice cream cake and a lemon meringue pie!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“20 years re-visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

It had been 20 years since I ate at Michael's on East. It is just as I remembered. Fantastic! My taste buds are still jumping. Good job.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Delicious with innovative lunch options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was nearby for a business meeting and popped into Michael's for lunch. The parking situation was strange (not being from Sarasota, and not knowing the area) - it seemed as though valet was the only option. Not knowing whether there was a fee for valet (there were no signs indicating whether it was complimentary) I drove a bit past the building and found some parking close by and made the short walk to the restaurant.

Although it seemed busy, I was seated promptly. The waiter made some excellent recommendations and I ended up having the crispy oyster salad. I am not one to typically eat a salad for lunch (especially when I am traveling - I like to experience new dishes and such) but they had several salads on their menu that looked far from your ordinary "we have to have a salad on our menu". They served three different types of warm bread while I waited for my meal.

The service was excellent, the salad was DELICIOUS. My only regret was not being able to come back that evening for dinner. If ever in the Sarasota area again, I will definitely come back for another great experience.

The prices were reasonable and their wine list looked amazing - they have the Moet Chandon Ice Champagne - yum!

Visited January 2014