“Try it, you'll like it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Original Word of Mouth

Original Word of Mouth
6604 Gateway Ave, Sarasota, FL 34231-5806 (Formerly Word of Mouth)
+1 941-925-2400
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 890 Restaurants in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Word of Mouth diners are know to come for Word of Mouth's breakfast alone, which features several varieties of pancakes, blintzes, crepes and the awe-inspiring Three Amigos Breakfast Burrito. The lunch menu serves a variety of yummy soups, sandwiches and salads. Open for breakfast and lunch.
Sarasota, Florida
“Try it, you'll like it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Really good food and the desserts are to die for.... especially the cookies. The cookies are wonderful!

Visited October 2012

hilton head
“GATEWAY REST.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The location on Gateway is the best, food was well prepared, portions HUGE and service was great. There are several of these restaurants around and the menus are different.

Visited March 2013
Vienna, Austria
“excellent surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I discovered this small place today and had a great breakfast. Since I am here from Europe
I wanted a real AMERICAN BREAKFAST,and that is what I got. My omlette was with bacon
spinach and cheese and cooked to perfection! I also had my first Rasperry, Chocolate Chip
muffin with a lot of fresh fruit and they told me it was baked right there on the premises.
I even took one back to my Hotel.
I wish I could find I a place like this in Austria.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to go somewhere for breakfast in Sarasota and after looking at many different options, I chose the Word Of Mouth restaurant. The location on Osprey St. was close to where I was staying which was a bonus. The building is small and the tables are close together and it is a little loud, but the pancakes I had were excellent and the service was top notch. It is not cheap as pancakes, bacon, an egg and iced tea was $13 but it was better food than you'd get at an expensive breakfast place, so well worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Fla.
“My kind of place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Like many of you, I've eaten in 5-star restaurants and hole-in-the-walls and everywhere in between.

Now, if you prefer, you can go and pay $20-$50 for a fancy-schmancy brunch at some ritzy hotel. Me? I'm going to wait in line to get into the hole-in-the-wall with great food for not a whole lot of moolah, and that's Word Of Mouth.

Writing this, I just realized why I love Word of Mouth so much. Have you been to San Francisco? Have you been to Dottie's True Blue Cafe? That's what this place reminds me of! Great food with some original (and healthy) twists on old recipes.

Remember the Godfather? "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

At Word of Mouth, I'd say "Leave the attitude at the door. Get the blueberry muffin. And the pancakes. And the granola. And anything else on the breakfast menu!"

• Visited December 2012