“A special treat watching the chefs prepare your meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #344 of 852 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Millersville, Maryland
“A special treat watching the chefs prepare your meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

While vacationing in Siesta Keys we ventured out across Stickney Point Bridge to mainland Sarasota and headed a short distance south on US41. We stumpled on this Waterfront restaurant, a Greek owned and family operated for well over 20 years. Quite old and quaint with view of canal, we sat at bar for our Happy Hour and watched the chefs prepare meals for the patrons. We were certainly entertained by chef Julio and Ricki Ricardo and bar tender Stephanie who was so attentive and friendly. We actually went back a 2nd time as our first meal with Ribeye steak prepared Pittsburg style was probably the best meal we had eaten on this vacation. But on our 2nd visit, I asked the chef to prepare chicken marsala on top of a side of pasta. "No problem" said the chef as this entry was not on their menu of steaks, lobster, fish, chicken and shrimp specials - all reasonably priced and cooked to order, no microwaves here.

I'm telling you these Mexican chefs in a Greek restaurant prepared the finest chicken marsala that I have ever eaten - even better than famous restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy. Now that's a sincere compliment as I am very particular with this meal. The chicken breasts were so tender that I could cut into bite size pieces with my fork. My wife had 1/2 order of lightly blackend grilled shrimp which she thoroughly enjoyed.

Now on previous visit I had the 1 inch thick cut Ribeye that was prepared and grilled Pittsburg style with olive oil and pepper and charbroiled. EXCELLENT. I understand from watching the Chefs that the specialty of the house was an aged Prime Rib prepared daily as a slab of meat, not a slice taken out of the plastic bag. Also prepared are lobster tails in the 1LB and 2LB size which is a royal meal by any standard. The beef filets tenderloins and NY strip steaks seemed to also be popular as many plates went out with a cooked to order along with a baked potato.

If you are in the area, you need to give this restaurant a try. Drinks are reasonable priced, meals are prepared from scratch so this does take some time, so enjoy the crisp salad and homemade beer muffins made fresh each day by the owner, and enoy a reasonably priced yet excellent meal. Service at the bar was excellent with Stephanie, but we did notice amble number of waitress serving the other patrons.

Again, not the best view with old decor, but excellent food and prepared to your tastes. That's what impressed me the most. Give the Waterfront of Sarasota a try, you'll be pleased.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I went there for dinner last night and we had read some of the reviews and decided to give it a shot as we ae always looking for a hole-in-the-wall restaurants while on vacation. The kids ate off our plates as they are generally poor dinner eaters and I would not say that the place is kid friendly, more of an adult restaurant. I had the surf and turf and the wife had kabobs with some amzing green beans. Rolls were awesome as well. My steak was a little bland, but in their defense they make it the way that many people like theirs- little seasoning, just meat flavor. I am a fan of marinade, so the steak was not my cup of tea. Lobster was great and our waitress was very nice to boot. We went there early (5 pm) and we would recommend the establishment. It was a little dated, but we both found this more charming than troublesome as others had written. Give it a shot!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palmetto
“Best non-chain steakhouse in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The steaks are cooked in plain view behind the bar and are awesome. Lobster tails are large and brolied behind the bar also and the libations are very reasonable. Homemade beer rolls are one of a kind; we suggest you get the grilled. Family owned and a non-franchise great place to eat. They have another location with a great happy hour in Nokomis. These two restaurants are our favroite places for steak!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Darn beer rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rolls are excellent and I would go here just for those. The rest of the food is always great. The fried shrimp is the best ever. Prime Rib is great. Fresh catch is awesome. Prices are very fair.

Visited June 2012
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“This is where you go for a good beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Froget all the other steakhouses, this is where one should go.

Visited April 2012