“Nice Family Gathering” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice Family Gathering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a nice evening and dinner-party of 10, good service by 2 waitresses. Food is good, lots of leftovers.

Visited October 2013

66% Recommend
Roswell, Georgia
“Good staff.. consistent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stopped here on a local trip. Nothing spectacular to say, the food was consistent with other Olive Gardens we've been to. Friendly staff, even when we showed up with only an hour left till they closed.

Visited October 2013
Venice, Florida, United States
“Will never return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love Olive Garden...the salad, the bread....most menu items, but this location was a DISASTER!!! I had eaten here a couple years ago, was not impressed, but had a gift card, so thought to try it again. Took my 82 year old mother out for a nice dinner...didn't happen. Arrived at 4 pm..not busy at all. waited for a table, then was finally sat in an area that had small children. Asked immediately to be moved as my mother and I like to talk and enjoy a hopefully quiet dinner. Was told "Well, you'll have to go wait again..we're in the middle of a shift change and will have to ckeck again". We waited...another couple was sat..finally asked if we lost our place in line..."oh, sorry...forgot". waited...finally sat in another part of the restaurant. Looked ok. Wrong again. My back was next to the POS ordering station. I heard about the waitstaff's problems, weekends, who's doing what, what movie was good.....throughout the whole time I sat there. I unrolled my napkin when the salad arrived and my knife was encrusted with "something". I should have left by that point. The FOOD...ordered the buy one take one..Smoked Mozzerella Chix and the Mozzerella ravioli to take. HORRIBLE...the chicken was so distasteful. It was soggy and I told the waitress "gummy" she looked at me and said "gummy?" with a snide look...I said "gummy"... it was like a soggy, leftover chicken parm was thrown into the sauce. I asked for just spag. with meat sauce. It was ok....no flavor though. Mom's dinner of Shrimp Mezzaluna was ok. Our waitress did nothing to make our stay welcome. I know it's just a job, but...make someone feel welcome, not like it's a burden to be there. I did leave her an 18% tip though. I usually tip at least 20-30%. I could list more, but i think this is enough. Felt so bad that my Mom's "night out" was so bad. Never will I go to this place again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Variety of Good Meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good food. It does get busy. Great spot to sit - when you first walk in restaurant, front desk people can sit you to the right side then back in the right where there have 3 great spots to sit and eat peacefully and spacious. The waiter staff is great. The drinks and meals are good portions. The food has great presentation, flavor and enough for two people.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Good food but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food quality was what I would expect but wait staff seemed totally clueless on menu items, particularly specials. Several in our group were totally surprised by what showed up on their plates. Free desserts were offered but we did not come for dessert.

My suggestion to management, train the staff!

My suggestion to consumers, stick to what is standard on the main menu. Avoid specials, they should be better described as "Surprises"

• Visited July 2013