“Homey and Welcoming” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #276 of 795 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Homey and Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I so enjoy going to Sunrise Cafe for Breakfast or Lunch. The nicest staff and service. Family owned and run, and they take the time to ask and share about life in Sarasota. Great breakfasts and lunches. Either way, can't go wrong. And you can sit outside at patio tables, if you so desire

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“good little restaurant off of Webber St. in Sarasota”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I went here this morning for breakfast as we wanted to try a place we've never been to. This is a cute little place on the corner of a small strip mall off of Webber Street here in Sarasota. I would classify this as a "greasy spoon" type diner with an extensive breakfast menu as well as a nice selection of baked goods.

While I only gave this restaurant three stars, that by no means signifies that it isn't good and worth visiting. It's fine for your standard breakfast with good service in a nice little cafe style building. Nothing stood out as being fantastic like the pancakes at Millie's or the muffins and mango butter at Toasted Mango or the absolutely outstanding service you get at Yoder's. But, everything tasted good, was served hot and was fairly reasonably priced.

The place looks to be owned and run by a mom and dad and their daughter is the waitress. All around, this was a good breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning. My pancakes, eggs and ham were fine (although nowhere as good as the above mentioned restaurants) and my wife did enjoy here corned beef hash with eggs benedict and home fries.

We will go back here at some point as it is literally right down the road from us. Again, don't let the 3 out of 5 drive you away...it is certainly worth a trip to grab some breakfast but not on the level of my own personal favorites here in Sarasota.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, FL
“Huge menu, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We go pretty regularly and really enjoy the food. My husband and I have never had anything we didn't like.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“A Good Choice for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I had breakfast this morning with my family at Sunrise Cafe. I had not eaten here in awhile. I have always liked the food and the extensive breakfast menu. My complaint in the past has been poor service. The food is still very good and, I am happy to report, the service has improved. I had the lox, eggs and onions for breakfast, along with an everything bagel, cream cheese and a side of hash browns. Also decaf coffee, which was very good. Everything showed up in a reasonable amount of time and came exactly as I ordered it. That was the case with everyone in my party. They even had belly lox, which was a real treat. I would highly recommend this place for a good reasonably priced breakfast.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Warm, friendly, great menu selection, food & service good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Will custom prepare whatever you wish within what they have available.

Visited October 2011