“Twice In Three Days” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
deland
“Twice In Three Days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The title of this review says a lot. There are many restaurants in Sarasota, yet I chose to eat at Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar twice in three days. Visiting my sister in Sarasota is always relaxing. Eating out is the icing on the cake. Phillippi is a must if you love seafood in a nautical setting. It is rustic with tables indoors and waterfront dining outdoors. I love the tropical setting. But it's the food you will return for time and again. Both visits, I had the Stuffed Flounder...that good, really. Sisters had stuffed scallops, stuffed shrimp & fried clam strips. Mom had a full lobster. The sides were the usual..Cole slaw, rice, baked potato, etc, BUT all were seasoned well and added to the goodness of our meal. Of course, no decent southern restaurant would forget Hush Puppies and Phillippi's is no exception....exceptional! Yeah, yeah, you can get chicken, filet mignon, or a salad, but really? I must give our waiter, Brian,(both nights) thumbs up. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and always at-the-ready. As a serious foodie & recipe blogger (www.cucinananette.blogspot.com) I would recommend this great oyster bar even if you don't like oysters!

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“sarasota ledgend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

our 21st year of eating at the restuarant have to say our last visit not the most memorable but it was late food was still good i always have the soft shell crabs in season gator was good but they had run out of pasta? think the best time to visit is aroud 6pm but we will be back for the record my favourite appertiser are the raw oysters once ate 36 is that a phillipa creek record well it was my birthday see you all next year

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Wandered in on a whim..had a great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really liked their food, prices average. Wait staff seemed rushed and flustered, but gave us decent service. My husband and I both got shrimp boils. We got a Gator bites app which was really good. We both left full and satisfied. I really like the atmosphere of the place, its got both indoor and outdoor seating. The menu is pretty large and offers all kinds of things other than seafood. I would say that this place is best suited for adults, as it has a large bar section, and a seafood based menu. The location is great, right out on the water and the small plaza its tucked into has cute shops and opportunity to enjoy a small stroll after dinner. I'd go again, im anxious to try more of the menu. We watched what others were being served, and a lot of it looked really good

• Visited September 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“A Must Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place was recommended by a "local" and I certainly understand why after eating there. The food was delicious...try those Shrimp, fish, lobster kabobs...yum!! Extra special bonus...the manatees showing off by the docks :)

Visited September 2013
Venice, Florida
“Great Seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

6 of us were in for dinner the other night & had a great dinner. The service was a bit slow, but the quality of food was good!

• Visited September 2013