“Very good lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
new york
“Very good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We arrived at 11:30 in hopes of avoiding the long line out the door we read about. There were about 6 people waiting in line. We got in relatively quickly. We had the sweetest waitress named Jean who was quick and efficient and knew her stuff! My husband got the pan fried chicken, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. While he loved the chicken, he thought the potatoes and stuffing were just okay. I got 4 sides: the mashed potatoes were great I thought, the macaroni and cheese was nothing special...no crunchy topping..just tasted like macaroni with melted American cheese, the cole slaw was okay and tasted like out of a deli, and the potato pancakes served with sour cream were excellent. The fresh peach pie was amazing...huge cut up pieces of fresh peaches with a fantastic crust. The key lime pie tasted like all the others I've had in Florida. We sat in an awkward spot by the bathroom, a round table. It seemed like everyone had to stop at our table before getting into the bathroom. Not the best place I've ever eaten but very good and I would definitely stop in again, especially for the pies!

Visited July 2014

North Port, Florida
“Above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The food was good and plentiful. Seating is tight, but so what, it is not a five star restaurant, this is more a family diner type of place. The food is home cooked, waitress friendly. I did not try the pie as I was full from my entree, but will try next time. I would not go here all the time as the servings are large. I thought it was an interesting place especially since most restaurants are chains anymore. The produce market next door was worth the trip!

Visited July 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Resting on its' laurels.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

In the day....this was THE place for comfort food. Great broasted chicken....wonderful meat loaf and gravey....and the anticipation of a delicious slice of pie for desert....all you could ask for.
Things change...management changes...and things are not what they use to be.
The best Amish cooking is just 1/2 mile east at Der Dutchman.

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share a review of us. It sounds like you have been a customer for a while, so it’s upsetting for me to hear that you feel like we have missing the mark lately. I would like to clarify, our management has not changed. Levi and Amanda Yoder started the business in 1975 with their daughters (who are now our owners). The day - to- day operations of the business are run by Levi and Amanda’s son-in- law and their grandson. Both of which have been involved in the business for over 25 years.
Your review is important to us, and will it be reviewed in our next management meeting.
Shannon Emrich
Sarasota
“Yoder's Peach Pie!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Summertime peach pie. My family tried both Yoder's and another local resteraunt that is "very" similar. I loved Yoder's fresh whipped cream and crust the best! If you are going this summer... You have to try the peach pie!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Beware of the Yoder's Pi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yesterday we decided to grab some desert on our way back to Tampa. Two slices of chocolate cake, one Key lime pie, and on Yoder's Key lime. All but the Yoder's were ver good, the exception was the Yoder's. What I did not know was that the Yoder's Pies are just whipped cream with some other filling swirled in. Look at their current page with the blueberry. It was like eating a whipped cream pie with a slight lime flavor. Never again. I felt like this was a pie that is used in fund raisers where you bid to throw a whipped cream pie in someones face. Very disappointed...will not return for the Pie. Too many great deli's around Tampa and St Pete. Finally i would rate terrible, but the other deserts were OK.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
I'm sorry to hear that the Yoder's Key Lime pie was not what you were expecting it to be. I can understand your frustration. I think there may be a bit of a misunderstanding though. All of our pies (cream and baked) are made here, so they are all Yoder's pie. We offer two types of key lime. One is the traditional key lime (tart with a graham cracker crust) and then, the Yoder's (fluffy and sweeter). Both are made here, and different people prefer different ones.
I'm sorry about that confusion