“Bang-Bang Shrimp Can't Be Beat” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lambertville, Michigan
“Bang-Bang Shrimp Can't Be Beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Bonefish Grill has a terrific deal every Wednesday night. You can purchase an order of Bang-Bang Shrimp, listed as an appetizer on the menu, for just $5! This tasty treat is lightly breaded with a sauce that has just enough kick. Served over a bed of lettuce, you can't go wrong ordering this. My husband and I went several Wednesdays in a row while vacationing in Florida. We each had an order for our meal. With about 15-20 shrimp, it really fills you up. Of course you can share this as an appetizer and order any number of outstanding fresh fish entrees.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hawkesbury, Canada
“Seems popular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

When arriving at the restaurant, it was very busy, lots of people waiting outside. reservations are a must. I guess it works to their advantage to have you order drinks while u stand outside with your pager waiting to be seated. Even though we had a reservation, we still had to wait at least 40 minutes for our table. We grabbed a table outside when it became available instead. the service was slow. the waitress took our order and it seemed to take a long time to just get our drinks. We placed our food order and that seemed to take a long time to just get the appetizers and then she had still not put in the main meal order. We had to give the main meal order again. They serve wine from little glass jars, so don't be surprised to see just half your wine glass filled. For appetizers the bang bang shrimp seems popular. However I ordered the Jumbo Thai Coconut Shrimp, and it was fantastic. I think there were maybe 6-7 jumbo shrimp on the plate. It is the last selection on the list of appetizers, but definitely not to be overlooked. in my opinion, it was better than the bang bang shrimp and really delicious. I never went inside, so I have no idea what goes on in there. It was lovely to sit outdoors with good friends, a nice glass of wine and yummy appetizers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, NH
“One of the better chain restaurants.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I first went to Bonefish when I couldn't get into another restaurant and I remember being disappointed that I had to eat at a chain (I usually avoid them) when I was on vacation. I've been 3 times since and my husband has also. It's pretty darn good. I expected it to be like typical chains with mediocre food but I've had some very good fish here and they have a large menu with lots of choices. And the wine list is good too. I have not had a bad meal here and I have spent big money at other "fine" restuarants and been less impressed. There is usually a good wait; lots of people go here, but you can eat at the bar and they have communal tables where you don't have to wait if you don't mind sitting with other people, which I don't. It's quicker and they are usually nice people. One night, I waited outside for 35 mintues for a table, with my wine -- but if you are from NH, waiting outside in January, is a treat in itself.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Parrish, Florida
“A Chain Restaurant w/Personality+Originality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Earlier this month, we had dinner at The Bonefish Grill located on Cooper Creek Boulevard in Sarasota. (It is right off University Parkway.) The meal, our server and the atmosphere were superb. It was not our first time dining there and we knew to make reservations in advance. We also decided to dine at 6:00 p.m.

We were a party of four adults and we arrived right before 6:00 p.m. We were seated immediately in a comfortable booth with no wait on a Friday evening! We also purposely avoided the Valentine’s Day Weekend Rush. We noticed that there is some limited outside seating. Make Note: We got there just in time for the early bird pricing which is a true bargain!

Our server, Ethan D., recommended some starters/appetizers and we had the Bang Bang Chicken (which is a house specialty) plus the Thai Coconut Shrimp. They were both very delicious and quickly consumed. Ethan D. also suggested their House Merlot. It was so tasty that we ordered a second round of glasses. It was much better than a typical house wine. Their wine list is also very good.

My Husband had a Sea Scallops and Shrimp Medley while I had a Grilled Tilapia. Both entrees were extremely fresh and prepared exactly as we asked in advance. The entrees were accompanied by a chick pea side dish that was outstanding. Our friends also raved about their entrees. The best thing about this menu is that there are varied daily specials and about a half-dozen fresh fish specials. These specials can be prepared with different flavoring/seasonings.

The portion sizes at Bonefish Grill are ample and the four of us opted for coffee and 4 forks to share their Strawberry Shortcake which was a hit!

Ethan D. was very kind in providing 2 separate checks, also.

When we left, there was a huge crowd of diners waiting to be seated. We were pleased that we had avoided this and we look forward to returning to this location.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota FL
“Don't miss Bang-bang shrimp!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Bang bang shrimp is off the charts good. Fantastic place for snacks, good conversation and drinks! Seafood TOO!!

Visited December 2012