“A very good choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Gainesville, Florida
“A very good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Two days ago we stayed at this hotel. I have nothing but good words for the place. It is new, very clean, with friendly service, free good breakfast, and quiet which means it allowed us a relaxing sleep. In a few words this Inn is perfect and it did not break our bank.. It was our first visit to a Comfort Inn but we made reservations to return next month when our business will bring us to Sarasota again. Congratulations to the Manager are in order for operating this inn so efficiently.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my first Comfort Inn stay and it was just like being at home! When I arrived, check-in was fairly easy and straight forward, had to switch a room, but that was easy too. The room itself was VERY NICE for this class of hotel. Super clean, quiet, good housekeeping, HUGE flat screen TV, comfy bed, and delish breakfast. I was expecting limited options, but there were at least 4 hot options--biscuits, eggs (sometimes, cheese eggs), sausages, bacon, etc....yogurt, cereal, boiled eggs, toast, waffles, etc. I did not notice it was crowded at all, I would usually go early and bring my food up to my room.

The location is excellent. The Walgreens is like literally around the corner, you can walk there, and a very nice Publix across the street for any goodies, etc. The room has a fridge and microwave so you should definitely make use of them. Chick Fil A, gas stations, everything near by.

I can't say anything more about the quietness of the place, and yes, it is like 4 miles from Siesta Key, a very quick, straightforward drive to the beach. Oh, and check out Goodfellas Wine and Pizza on Clark for a bottle of wine large pizza special! You can eat half, save half in fridge for next day!

It was really like being at home. Please don't change!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for the first time at this Comfort Suites. I am disabled and travel with a service dog. From the first moment we set foot into Comfort Suites I felt it was the best place for me. The staff made my stay very special. I was visiting my family here and it was the first time we stayed at this hotel. Whenever I come back this where we will stay. Thank you staff of Comfort Suites!

Bruce

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nick M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Bruce, thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have to say, I liked this hotel so much that I wish I had a reason to go back to Sarasota. If you need to stay anywhere in the area, just stay here. The place is new, the people are really friendly. It has high ceilings and nice furnishings. the beds are very comfortable, and its new and fresh. Me and my family were not familiar with the area, but we found the hotel was really convenient to most anything, we needed a pharmacy and Walgreens was right next door and there were several good choices of restaurants nearby, even a mini-golf/ice cream place (Evie's), which we all played and had a great time. Anyway, the hotel is great - it has a pool, based on what I saw in the area, this is easily the best place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive review and comments! We look forward to having you back at the New Comfort Suites real soon!
Staunton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel just opened - brand new! Everything was perfect, clean, and very comfortable and the staff were great. It is a block off the main street so very quiet. The AC unit was very quiet and very functional (I could make it do what I wanted, easily). A huge breakfast area, nicely laid out and well attended with smiles and a great variety of items. Service was fantastic. Definitely recommend it to anyone in the area. When checking out, and without being asked, the counter clerk even told us about some road paving in the area and how to best get around it without having to cross rush hour traffic. And the morning paper was delivered to the room early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sarasota, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review!
Kingston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Sarasota during Spring Break. It was the only night of our 6-day vacation we had not booked a room. The Sarasota Visitor Center was diligent in helping us find a room and, the new Comfort Suites, having just opened 4 weeks before was not only the only hotel with availability but a great place to spend the night. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the price was quite reasonable.
Due to construction on the streets and roads adjacent to the hotel we quickly realized we would not be able to walk the 1/4 mile to the nearby restaurants as the pedestrian lights did not function and traffic was too heavy for 2 Babyboomers to try to make a dash, so we walked back to our car and drove over. And that was our only negative experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were disappointed that the only place where we could find a room for two nights was at this new hotel but as it would give us the opportunity to visit Sarasota we took it. Little did we know beforehand what a find it would be. Just off I-75, a straight run to Siesta Key. and easy access to wherever we wanted to go -- our room was terrific, the staff were all very friendly and ready to attend to our needs, and the hot breakfast included with our room was outstanding. As it was high season we found the traffic to Siesta Key so congested we gave up but a recommendation by one of the desk clerks saved the day by suggesting the beach on Lido Key which was much easier to access with the directions they gave us. In two days we were able to visit the Ringling grounds, the waterfront around the Bay, the beaches of Lido Key and Siesta Key, explore the shops on St. Armand's Circle, watch our ice cream treats being made at SubZero, and..... all thanks to the help the staff gave us. It was our first visit to Sarasota but it certainly won't be our last and the same holds true for this terrific hotel. They go out of their way to make one's stay perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Sarasota? Share your experiences!