“Worth the Cheat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Sarasota, Florida
“Worth the Cheat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I'm willing to eat desserts if they are ACTUALLY delightful, dreamy, and delicious. I said YES to all three when I tasted the treats from Short Giraffe. I tried the lemon poppy seed muffin and the Rum Blondies, which were AMAZING. I'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bradenton, Florida
“Mini delights that wowed the crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I'm a DJ on Florida's Gulf Coast so I see many cakes at events and more cupcakes these days as well. When Short Giraffe came to set up at the wedding I was intrigued by what I saw and the display looked amazing. The guests could not wait to finish dinner and head over to sample these delightful treats. I am referring Short Giraffe to my brides, it will make me look even more awesome ;) Great job Short Giraffe, keep up the good, and tasty, work!

• Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Yes it is a little bit small but I stood in line drooling over the tasty treats they had in their display cabinet. I got a 6 pack of mousse shooters to go and I admit I didn't make it out of the parking lot before I was sugar wasted. I followed them on Facebook and came back for truffle Friday and got a dozen for the office and had to back cause I ate half the dozen. I met the owner Leigh, she was all about her product and you can see that she enjoys baking and showing off her goods. We will be back and I'll wear a bib next time so my wife doesn't see all the crumbs on my shirt. Thank you again for making great treats!

• Visited March 2013
“Addicted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the place to go when you need a good desert or pick me up! I am addicted to the peanut butter bacon cookies. The shooters and truffles are amazing as well. The place isn't big, but it makes up for it in its desserts! You can grab a few on the go or relax on the outdoor seating. (I do both). Thanks for always satisfying my sweet tooth!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The BEST dessert place in town!!! I highly recommend it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Hey to "robin h" the negative person who left that review. This is for you!!!! I'm sure when the sun shines you complain and when it rains you complain. Nothing will ever make you happy. Im sad your like that. I'm so sorry that you can't appreciate amazing food and coffee when it hits you in the face. It's the "short" giraffe bake shop not Starbucks. Go there if you need a bigger hangout place and mooch off of their wifi!!!! Negative people are not allowed in this shop!!!

The short giraffe is THE dessert place to visit and order from in Sarasota County!!!! I highly recommend her and do recommend her everyday to family, friends and clients. Her desserts are so moist and packed with flavors so unique it's INSANE!! Leigh the owner and baker is so creative with creating unique and stylish desserts. She is also amazing at creating desserts for those that have diet restrictions and food allergies. She is extremely sought after by brides and is always asked to create her mini cakes with an assortment of mini desserts to go along with it. Often times the dessert table is completely wiped out. This is definitely a testament to her work.

I absolutely love her almond infused sugar cookies. If you can special order them lemon flavored dipped in white chocolate...do it!! OMG!! You'll thank me!! I'm obsessed with her triple chocolate s'mores truffles. If your lucky enough to catch her honey lavender cake at her shop... Order a slice. Wow!! Her peanut butter bacon cookies is must!!! Guys love them!! Her lemon shooters are soo refreshing!!! The strawberry balsamic pannacotta..... is so smooth and creamy. I can never eat just one.

If you are visiting Sarasota you'll have to stop by and say hello to Leigh she so kind, super genuine and her customer is amazing. You'll love this gem of a store. Sarasota is so lucky to have bake shop in town!!!!!!!