“Supernova Cafe is superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rutland, Vermont
“Supernova Cafe is superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Guiseppe worked with me to plan my 40th birthday brunch at Supernova. Some of my friends are vegans, and he was very helpful in suggesting dishes that could be made without meat or dairy. I ordered some of the rice balls ahead (as they are pre-formed), and so we did them with just spinach with no cheese. They were AMAZING! All my friends were so happy with the food. It is a very convenient location as well, with parking across the street in the parking garage. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2013

florida
“So glad that this restaurant is here in Sarasaota. Just a sweet, simple place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The food is very good; very authentic no pretense. Like eating at your Italian grandmother's house. Very good prices too. Very kind staff from the owner to Marco the waiter, coffee maker extraordinaire. JUst nice people and a restaurant you want to visit time and time again. I hope they do well and stay in business a long time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Appleton, Wisconsin
“WOW - One that worked !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent three days in Sarasota and the Supernova Café was our Valentine evening dinner. The previous night we went to a "fancy" type of restaurant and were disappointed. The Supernova Café was limited to a $50. per couple Valentine Dinner. We agreed "lets try it. Can not be any worse... .". Our result: Don't go anywhere else but the Supernova Cafe for dinner WHATEVER the cost. The people; the wine; the food; the setting (clean an simple); the cost; were excellent. I just got back to WI and to Supernova this is my review that I said I would make. I have spoken about our great time to many friends during our vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Siciallian in Sarasota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate dinner there last Friday and are returning this week. We split a salad, which was more than enough. I had the Fettuccine Bolognese w/ fresh pasta - it rocked! My husband had the special that night - Grilled Salmon served on top of penne w/light cream sauce. He loved it. The prices are quite reasonable, the service right on spot. Next visit I plan on trying out their cannoli and/or tiramisu. This is a great new addition to downtown Sarasota.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Our New Favorite Restaurant in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have been here twice, for lunch and dinner. Great food and reasonably priced. Marco was our server both times. Very knowledable about the food and drinks. Also, very charming and efficient. It's a very welcoming restaurant. Try the homemade pasta ($1.00 additional). Also, the calamari (pan fried not deep fried) was awesome. If there is calamari on the menu we always try it. It was outstanding. This is an "authentic" italian restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere