“WOW - One that worked !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Appleton, Wisconsin
“WOW - One that worked !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent three days in Sarasota and the Supernova Café was our Valentine evening dinner. The previous night we went to a "fancy" type of restaurant and were disappointed. The Supernova Café was limited to a $50. per couple Valentine Dinner. We agreed "lets try it. Can not be any worse... .". Our result: Don't go anywhere else but the Supernova Cafe for dinner WHATEVER the cost. The people; the wine; the food; the setting (clean an simple); the cost; were excellent. I just got back to WI and to Supernova this is my review that I said I would make. I have spoken about our great time to many friends during our vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Sarasota, Florida
“Siciallian in Sarasota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate dinner there last Friday and are returning this week. We split a salad, which was more than enough. I had the Fettuccine Bolognese w/ fresh pasta - it rocked! My husband had the special that night - Grilled Salmon served on top of penne w/light cream sauce. He loved it. The prices are quite reasonable, the service right on spot. Next visit I plan on trying out their cannoli and/or tiramisu. This is a great new addition to downtown Sarasota.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Our New Favorite Restaurant in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have been here twice, for lunch and dinner. Great food and reasonably priced. Marco was our server both times. Very knowledable about the food and drinks. Also, very charming and efficient. It's a very welcoming restaurant. Try the homemade pasta ($1.00 additional). Also, the calamari (pan fried not deep fried) was awesome. If there is calamari on the menu we always try it. It was outstanding. This is an "authentic" italian restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Great Italian food at a very fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The menu of Italian dishes is extensive, and the food is excellent. We started with a complimentary appetizer (a spinach and dough morsel) and then moved to very large and fresh mixed salads with a zesty dressing. (You can also get a half serving of salad at a reduced price.) I enjoyed my pasta puttanesca, with freshly made linguini. The chef will leave out the anchovies if you don't want them. Ask for the home made pasta noodle, which is a dollar extra but well worth it. A friend liked her lasagna, which had lots and lots of cheese. The servers were absolutely fantastic -- friendly, engaging, helpful and quick. It's not a fancy restaurant, but the prices are extremely reasonable. We have eaten here twice while waiting to go to the movie theater across the street. This restaurant is a wonderful addition to Main Street and downtown Sarasota.

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful new restaurant in Sarasota.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a great Italian restaurant. Not flashy, but really good food and service. Very clean and crisp. I had an awesome thin crust, ham, mushroom, artichoke heart & hard boiled egg pizza, and my wife had salmon and a salad. We loved it. I work in downtown Sarasota, just a block away and will recommend this place to clients and go there myself for lunch many times. Great job, Marco and the other staff. Welcome to Sarasota!!!

• Visited January 2013