“Casual - good value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 832 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: A brand new restaurant in downtown Sarasota. Mozzarella Fella is a great new place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Co. Louth - Ireland
“Casual - good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Liked the good quality food at reasonable prices. Most diners are taking a quick lunch which is served in polystrene to eat in or take out. We were at our leisure and requested plates, proper cutlery and enjoed a bottle of wine. lunch for 2 including bottle of wine andstarter, main course , coffee and a cannoli - 60usd - thats value - but it is CASUAL

Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Where were you when...?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The restaurant was recommended and we knew it would be interesting when we stepped inside. It looked like three generations were running the place. It was busy even though it was well well after a traditional lunch time. And there were police eating there, always a good sign.

We ordered a chicken and a veal sandwich. They were both superb. The sauces were delicious; the cheese tasted fresh; and the bread was from a baker who knows how to bake high quality loaves.

But the excitement of the day was the news of the selection of a new Pope. All eyes were glued on the large screen TV as we all ate fabulous food and enjoyed the conversation which involved the whole restaurant.

A memorable event that won't repeat itself but I bet the food stays great all the time judging from the other reviews. We will certainly be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CROMWELL
“The place to get a sandwich .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have a family rule not to go back to eat at a place twice during our vacation. I could not keep my kids out of "The Fella". All the sandwiches were fresh and tasty. We enjoyed both hot and cold selections. The freshness of the meats, cheeses and veggies were the key. The salads were also family favorites. The menu will meet the desire of the whole family

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“You'll break somebody's legs just to get in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just love this place; it takes you back to all the great places in New York and New Jersey, fresh well done food! The family atmosphere makes you feel like a “Made Guy” And Vicky, Mike and Johnnie will have you coming back for sure! So after your next hit, drop in for a piece of home! Mangia!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton Beach, Florida
“A slice of NY style perfection served with a side of Sarasota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Sometimes I really wonder exactly how hard could it be to build a good sandwich. At home it is simple, grab two slices of bread, throw anything you can find between the bread and it's a done deal. When Im out and about finding a good sandwich shop isn't so simple. Mozzarella Fella stands out downtown as one of Sarasota's premier sandwich shops. When I think of italian style sandwiches the first thing that comes to mind is the bread. My biggest fear is finding out that they might use a white loaf of soft tasteless bread, not the case! Their bread tasted extremely fresh and had a nice chew to it which is key. I brought along one of my New Yorker friends to give me his two cents also. He ordered the Veal Cutlet Parmigiana and I had the Veal Cutlet sandwich along with the Antipasto. Before I finished taking pictures of my two dishes he was halfway done with his sandwich. Their veal was extremely tender, moist, and was everything you could ask for besides greasy. It deserves to be mentioned that they do have broccoli rabe which really makes an amazing sandwich! Of all their items on the menu I figured the veal was their most difficult item on the menu to prepare and they nailed it right on the head. I could see looking forward to coming here for lunch just the same as going over my grandmothers house on Sundays for the typical italian feast every week as a child. If Im downtown this will be my go to lunch spot every time. Be warned! This could be habit forming.

Visited February 2013