“Who Knew...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 884 Restaurants in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Who Knew...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Always reading about this store on FB... and not knowing who the owners were...or what their food was about...(doubting Brooklyn Boy here) On our way to Trader Joe's we were starving and decided that this should be our first stop in Sarasota .... Upon walking in.. I could "smell" the authenticity ...;-) Being a Brooklyn Boy... I know my Mozzi.. I lived a block away from Lioni King of Mozzarella on 15th Ave. in Brooklyn.. LOL.. Oh back to this review...
So I walked up to the counter and saw this "Gigunda" tray of Antipasti it was calling my name...;-) as every thing else was..Oy Vey... I know this was going to be a tuff call... But then the owner appeared and offered some suggestions.. Try a #5 Veal cutlet .. with Broccoli Rabe,,She said... and Debi had the Eggplant Parm...(which is one of Debi's best dishes) we shared a small Antipasti.. and the rest was History... we took home another portion of the Antipasti for the road...as we began talking as NY'ers do.. "Where do you come from" ...?. Where do YOU come from.....? Like someone is going to come from a Better more "Brooklyn Place" than the other person... LOL.. Well it turns out that When I mentioned Dyker Heights and Bay Ridge .. BINGO... Bells and whistles went off... Seems that I was a fan of the Owners first Restaurant in Brooklyn "Club 101" for many years...Mike is an accomplished Chef... His wife Is an amazingly sweet, friendly and accommodating gal.. and what ever you taste their... your tongue will be happy that you did:-) So.. with the first bite... Debi say's.. (now mind you she is Italian and a good no make that Great Cook)..."Ummm.. His Marinara Sauce is GUUD.... so what does that tell you.? If a Brooklyn Italian Girl who Cooks.. Says someone else's "Sauce" is Good... Need I say more... Forget all the pomp and circumstance of the sidewalk cafe's in Sarasota.. Do your self a Favor...and head over to Mozzarella Fella... Tell 'em Larry "TheWizard" Siegfried sent ya... You'll be glad you did.. ;-)

Florida
“Must Have Mozzarella!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Match authentic and delicious food with excellent customer service and you create return customers. That must be why I see so many familiar faces at Mozzarella Fella. Don't miss this place!

Sarasota, Florida
“More than great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Ok, so read the other reviews and you will see the food is amazing, and I agree. Not only do we eat lunch there, but they catered my party and everyone was super impressed! But I'm going to go past that. How many times have you gone in somewhere and people working couldn't really care less because it's just a job to them? Or, how about when you love some place and go back often and the employees or the owners don't even recognize you are a regular customer? Well forget about those other places like that, because not only am I treated like I've known them for years, but as I watch every regular come in and get called by name, or even a new customer come in and get treated like a regular, it makes me realize that the simple gesture of being nice to people is something of a lost art these days. Not here! So if you want to be treated great, feel like you are family, oh and eat the best food around, make this your place to eat lunch!!!

Venice, Florida
“"The Best Italian Sandwiches & Food This Side of Brooklyn"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Best Italian Food Ever ... The food at "Mozzarella Fella" is more than fabulous. We've been there numerous times... so much so that I have lost count... we and the family and friends we have brought have always left thoroughly satisfied. We've ordered and shared many different selections from their menu as well as some of the daily specials... The delectable bites have been absolutely delicious of each item ordered so I cannot single out any one specific dish or sandwich as everything has been superb!!! The owners Victoria and Michael are gracious hosts who make each guest who walks through their door feel welcome and Madonna Mia do these two ever know how to prepare mouth watering dishes and sandwiches just like my Nonna!!! Go to the "Fella" and Mangia Mangia I promise... you will have no regrets... more than likely you will become a "Fella" groupie like myself, my family and my friends... Buon Appetito

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Simple Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Mozzarella Fella serves up authentic Italian food in a friendly atmosphere. From the fresh, made on site mozzarella, to their antipasto salads and desserts, every menu item is delicious. Main Street got a much needed upgrade with Mozzarella Fella!

Visited February 2013