“Good ice cream; cute shop” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 796 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Ice Cream
Dining options: Lunch, Coffee & Tea, Late Night
Description: This old fashioned, family owned coffee and ice cream shop is located in Captain Curt's Village a few hundred yards south of the Stickney point (south bridge). It is beside the bike and kayak rental shop. They are super friendly and have a gourmet coffee bar, fresh baked goods and 26 flavors of hand churned, homemade ice cream. It is my favorite local coffee shop! I've never left disappointed.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good ice cream; cute shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We walked to this ice cream shop from Anna's Deli, where we went for lunch. The ice cream was good. They had "Gator Tracks" ice cream instead of moose tracks, which I thought was fitting.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The ice cream is great.. get the spongebob flavor. Its GOOOOOD. Went there with my friend and we had a super great time i yottaly reccomend it.

Tampa, Florida
“Cute Local Ice Cream Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were looking for a place to satisfy our sweet tooth, take note on a Friday night close to dinner time you will not be able to find parking. Since we knew we wouldn't be long we parked across the street. I got the sponge bob cookie dough, it was delicious and it had sprinkles already mixed in, my boyfriend got a crazy cake shake, which was also delicious. This place is as unique as its name. They even have a sitting area in a side room, which was great so we could enjoy our ice cream and not be in the way. If you love ice cream and you're in the area, try this place out.

Sarasota, Florida
“Best Ice Cream On The Key!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I visited the Orange Octopus for the first time last week and I know it won't be the last time. They actually have the same brand of homemade ice cream as another place in Venice (Scoops Working Cow Ice Cream) and it is SO good. I had a scoop of the Dutch Chocolate which was much better than your average chocolate ice cream. My husband had the Salted Caramel and loved it. I thought they were reasonably priced and they had a nice seating area. We actually took ours with us for a nighttime walk on the beach! They also were open until 10 which was great and they have a little selection of vintage candies which I was quite amused with!

• Visited December 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“So cozy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I really love this place. It has a great small town feel to it and more importantly the ice cream is to die for. It has other little baked goodies, that I didn't try but they looked great. I really wish I found this place sooner. Honestly it felt like I was back in my grandmothers house for a desert. The atmosphere is just great. I know where I am taking my kids next time for ice cream for sure!

• Visited December 2012