“Relaxing two days - Good base” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75

You added Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5730 Gantt Road, (off Clark and I-75), Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Siesta Key East Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristol, England
“Relaxing two days - Good base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent two nights at the hotel during a holiday trip touring the west coast of Florida. Room was lovely, clean and welcoming and it was a change to have a suite. Pool and the area around it was also very nice although slightly surreal as it overlooked a car park and car wash area with the main road in the background. did not feel particularly private but nonetheless nicely maintained and the hot tub was hot!!!

Good wifi.

Staff were polite welcoming and pleasant and the breakfast was very good.

The hotel is a little in the middle of nowhere but we were driving and using it as a base. As such it was a lovely place to return to each evening. One of the better expresses i have been to = :)

One very minor complaint reflected in other reviews. The air con unit was very loud. Time of year meant we did not have to keep it on at night but it may be a problem those who are there in July August.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Randy P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bigal370,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our property and staff. As you experienced, we pride ourselves on providing exemplary service and comfortable accommodations. I apologize for the loud A/C, and I will pass on your comment to our maintenance department to have it remedied.

Thank you again for the lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again.

Kevin Mazzoni
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice hotel with a great breakfast. We had to stay because our condo was being renovated. The staff was very friendly and Randy Paradine, the manager was sympathetic to our needs and made sure that we could extend our stay due to delays in our renovations. Very happy we had such warm and welcoming place to stay. Nice accommodations.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us and relax while you were going through a stressful renovation process with your home.
We want all our guest to feel that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota is their home away from home.
If you ever have hotel needs again, I hope that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your recent stay with us.

Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The washroom was cleaned but the toilet was filthy - it was obviously missed when cleaned. I called the front desk that evening and they didn't offer to move me or clean it (and I didn't suggest it because it was late and I wiped it myself) They said they would let the manager know. The next day I left at 10am. (No call from manager at that point.) I complained again at check out and all I got was an I am sorry!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest;
First let me apologize for your less than stellar stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, your experience here is by no means the normal experience our guest have, and I am truly sorry that we did not meet or exceed your expectations.
Not contacting you was not anything that was done intentionally. As you may have seen by all our Tripadvisor reviews and reviews on our brand website, our guest comment on our cleanliness of the hotel and our service, these two items are truly important to me.
Again, I am truly sorry that we disappointed you and your stay was not an exceptional one. I hope that if your travels should ever bring you back to the Sarasota area, that you again would give us another try to prove to you about our exceptional service and cleanliness!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall the quality of the room is new, very clean and comfortable. For a family of 4. When beds, free wifi and free breakfast, just off I 75. Several places to eat nearby. The staff is friendly and won us over the moment we came in. I recommend it, Great deal

Stayed March 2015
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East, after your recent stay with us, it is truly appreciated.

I am glad that my staff made you feel welcome and comfortable and that you found the hotel clean, the staff does a great job!!

I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that you will think of the Holiday Inn Express for your overnight needs.

Again, thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor.

UNOMYNAME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here only one night but we could have stayed longer as this is one comfortable place to stay. we used the pool and hottub as well. both were clean and just the thing at the end of the day. Plenty of places near by to eat. Going to and from Siesta Key was very easy and well worth the trip. As far as the hotel. the beds were very comfortable with nice soft pillows. In the morning, a great breakfast.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East, this is truly appreciated. I am so glad that you had a great time staying with us and you were able to relax and enjoy the pool and hot tub.

I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota again for your overnight needs.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 2 nights as a change as I usually stay at the Hampton Inn over at I75/Bee Ridge when I go to Sarasota. First impression - this is not a smoke free hotel - strong cigarette smoke odour in lobby area being masked by air freshener. Efficient check-in, no assistance offered for baggage. Reception later called room to confirm if everything was okay. Hotel has undergone some updating but some furnishing is well passed its useful life. The floor of the bathtub was painted over with white paint, the cushion of the couch was sacking. Lighting in the room was inadequate but it may be due to the dark colour decor. Access to the hotel is tricky as the entrance from Gantt has a "right-in and right-out" access. There were two PC in the lobby for guest's general use but a fair usage limitation should be imposed, e.g., a tent card suggesting a maximum of 30 minutes. We returned to the hotel at about 4:45pm for a short rest being going out for dinner. 2 girls were occupying the machine. When we left at 5:30pm, they were still there. When we returned at 8pm, they were still there. Where were their parents? I went downstairs at 8:20pm, they were still there! Finally, I went down at 9pm and they were finally gone! Lots of choices for breakfast but I like to see more healthy items added. All in all, an okay hotel but not the price that it was charging. However, I suppose that it's a function of supply and demand. Check out was simple and and quick. All staff were generally very pleasant and friendly to deal.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest;

Thank you for being a recent guest with us, and giving the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota a try, this is truly appreciated!!

You are correct with directions in getting into the hotel, the correct way to enter is continue down Clark until Hospitality Way Dr, ( the drive between the Circle K gas station and Dunkin Donuts ) that will lead you straight back into the hotel, it is illegal to turn left of Gantt to the service drive into the hotel.
We are always updating the hotel, and listening to our guest, we are currently changing the lighting in the hotel to a brighter light bulb to help with the lighting of the room.
I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that you again would give the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota another try.
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and your recent stay, we look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The start of our stay at this hotel was made VERY special by Tim B who was fantastic at providing local information and details about the amenities of the Holiday Inn Express-Sarasota! He really went above and beyond in taking care of us. The hotel had a great breakfast with "killer" cinnamon rolls. The rooms were clean and all that we needed.

• Stayed March 2015
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express and thank you for mentioning Tim in your review. Tim does an outstanding job for the hotel, I receive several comments regarding Tim, and feel very lucky to have him as part of my staff.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time while staying at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, and that you enjoyed our breakfast with our "killer" cinnamon rolls, ( they are good ! )

I hope that if and when your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that you will think of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota as your hotel of choice.

Again thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor.

Randy Paradine

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75? Share your experiences!