“Great for the price!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5730 Gantt Road, (off Clark and I-75), Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Siesta Key East Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando
“Great for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for our vacation. The hotel service was good! Breakfast was better than we expected! They actually have lot of choices! The breakfast lady was so sweet and nice! We stayed in a king room. It was nice and comfortable for both of us. Although our room was non-smoking, for some reasons it seemed like we was in a smoking floor. In our floor hallway, there was always a cigarette smell. I have to say that was probably the only bad part. We like it because it was close to everything!!

Stayed July 2014
Randy P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear 00omi00,
Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful property.Although we are saddened to hear that we weren't able to provide you with a 5-star experience, It is good to hear that the service, breakfast, and location, were all above what you expected.

Thank you again for reviewing our property, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kevin Mazzoni
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

As usual we were early checking in which pretty common for us. They just finished cleaning the room because it was booked up solid and very busy and that is always a good sign of a good hotel. The desk clerk was extremely nice and processed us quickly even though she was multi-tasking. The room was clean and refreshing and nice bathroom. The breakfast this morning was very very good. Everything was clean and neat and a very impressive entry way. Another nice thing was that Dunkin Donuts was at the front of the driveway. There is no doubt that we will stay here again.

Room Tip: bring your coffee mugs for Dunkin Donuts
Green Features: They are eco-friendly and ask to change the towels when necessary.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I truly appreciate this.

The staff does a great job for me, with multi-tasking, cleaning the rooms and getting breakfast served to the many hotel guest that we do have, so thank you for noticing.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor.

Davenport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel two nights while we had a beach days at siesta key beach. The Room was clean hotel staff very friendly! The whole hotel was clean. Breakfast has a good variety and delicious. Love the pillows omg I would love to take them home so soft and you just sink into them. Pool was warm just perfect and pretty clean hot tub was hot but do not touch the dial otherwise it turns off. Our room had a fridge kept milk and water cool but the microwave made a funny noise. When it rains the satellite goes out but it stormed pretty good. Our stay was very nice. Defiantly would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your outstanding review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I appreciate the 5 star rating that you gave the hotel.

I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and that my staff you found my friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express will be your first choice for a hotel to stay.

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We checked in late and were not treated fairly by the night desk clerk and were quoted the highest rate available. The good was the breakfast and the lady running the breakfast really had pride in her work, was friendly, and treated guests right. The bad was that we were not treated right by any of the desk clerks that really were not friendly and made me feel like I was bothering them. Otherwise this hotel has been recently renovated and is good quality not not worth $110/night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota on Tripadvisor. I appreciate the comments and sorry that my staff did not exceed your expectations on the front desk.

I was happy to hear though, that my breakfast attendant exceeded your expectations. It is my goal as well as my staffs goal to always try and get that 5 star rating from each of our guest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and staff, I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Sarasota, that you will give us another try so that we are given the opportunity to WOW you!!!!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I just came back home from my annual trip for July 4th to Sarasota. We decided to stay again in this hotel. Mistake: we went through Booking.com and reserved a Suite. When we got to the room, we found out that we had a double Queen room, not a suite. Thank God, my Mother-in -law decided to stay home in the last minute. Everything in the hotel was perfect, good breakfast and good staff, Front desk was helpful and try to apply one discount for AAA that reduced the price $15 one day...not a big deal but, showed good effort. Beware of the reservations through others because at the hotel they will tell you that the booking company messed up, and the booking company will blame the hotel or you. Otherwise, everything was very satisfactory for the price for this special long weekend..

Room Tip: Beware of rooms with dogs (pets are allowed) or close to them
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for the 4 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I am happy to hear that my staff was able to accommodate you and your family.

The staff works very hard to ensure that each guest has a great stay and that they will want to return to the hotel on their next visit to Sarasota, I do hope this is the case with you as well.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us, we look forward to your return visit.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel looks nice, but that's about it. We had one of the worst experiences that we've ever had in a hotel. We met my parents here so they could see their grandson a few days, and I wish we'd picked a different hotel. The first night we were there my son had an accident on the bed, so we called down for clean sheets. They brought up queen sized sheets for our king bed, so we called down again and told them that my husband would come down and pick up some king sheets. When he got down there they told him that there were no clean king sheets, but there were some ones in the washer. They weren't sure if they were clean, so he was asked if he wanted to smell them to see if they were up to his satisfaction. They ended up telling us to "work with our dirty sheets." He ended up spending two hours that night trying to find an ATM to get money for the hotel's laundry facilities and to wash our sheets. He brought this up to the general manager the next morning, who fixed the problem. Our stay just went downhill from there. Most of this review centers around the housekeeping staff. The second day we were at the hotel the maid had not come, so at around 3:30 we called down to the front desk and requested a maid to come clean our room in a few minutes. Several maids came to our door a few seconds later and my husband asked them if they could return in a few minutes, as we were just getting ready to leave for dinner. They told us that they were supposed to getting off and they wouldn't return, so we all just sat in the room while they hurried around the room and made it apparent that they were very displeased that they were called into our room. They were in our room maybe three minutes and didn't even give us new toiletries. The next day at around 2 the maid still hadn't come to our room, so my husband went to the front desk to request maid service. The person at the front desk informed my husband that the maid usually does the rooms every other day, but she'd send one up. I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't know how they expect people to get clean towels or empty their trash. On the fourth day, my husband had to run an errand. He ran into the maid on the way out and she told him to go back bring her all our towels. He also had to bring our trash out later and empty it himself. I thought it might just be us, but my parents also had a bad experience with the housekeeping staff. They were on a different floor as us, so it couldn't have just been our block of rooms. Of all the things that happened to them I think the worst was the day they were going to check out. A maid came to their door at 10 am (well before check out time) and informed her that she needed to get out because it would be easier for her. She said she had 16 rooms to clean that day and she needed to clean her room now. I don't know why she just didn't go to another room and come back. When my mom was done packing everything up, which took about 15 minutes, the maid was outside her door tapping her toe. My advice to this hotel: re-train your housekeeping staff.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am very apologetic for the occurrences that you encountered while staying at the hotel. This by far is not the norm for my staff, as I am sure you have read by all the other tripadvisor reviews regarding my staff and the hotel services.

I am going to do some investigating of whom cleaned your room as well as your parents to ensure that does not happen again. I will share your review with my staff for training purposes. I constantly strive to better the property and the staff so that our reviews can be all 5 star ratings.

By our hotel standards we clean each occupied room EVERY day, the only time the staff would not clean a room as if the guest placed a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door.

Again I am so sorry that during your visit to my hotel, a time that was supposed to be an enjoyable one with family, we let you down. I can only hope that if you are in the Sarasota area again, that you would give us another try, so you can see that the staff works very hard to ensure each guest leaves here completely satisfied and wanting to return.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Super comfy pillows! Staff was friendly and helpful. Exceptional breakfast (bacon...yum!) Overall an exceptional value and great experience. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Fred W;

Thank you for the outstanding review and the 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel.

I was happy to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable. Within the last couple of months we have changed out all the pillows in the hotel, so happy to hear you found them comfortable.

I will share your review with my staff, and we look forward to your return visit to the Sarasota area, I hope we are your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for the 5 star review it is very much appreciated.!!

Randy Paradine

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75? Share your experiences!