“Bad Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5730 Gantt Road, (off Clark and I-75), Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Siesta Key East Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Bad Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel looks nice, but that's about it. We had one of the worst experiences that we've ever had in a hotel. We met my parents here so they could see their grandson a few days, and I wish we'd picked a different hotel. The first night we were there my son had an accident on the bed, so we called down for clean sheets. They brought up queen sized sheets for our king bed, so we called down again and told them that my husband would come down and pick up some king sheets. When he got down there they told him that there were no clean king sheets, but there were some ones in the washer. They weren't sure if they were clean, so he was asked if he wanted to smell them to see if they were up to his satisfaction. They ended up telling us to "work with our dirty sheets." He ended up spending two hours that night trying to find an ATM to get money for the hotel's laundry facilities and to wash our sheets. He brought this up to the general manager the next morning, who fixed the problem. Our stay just went downhill from there. Most of this review centers around the housekeeping staff. The second day we were at the hotel the maid had not come, so at around 3:30 we called down to the front desk and requested a maid to come clean our room in a few minutes. Several maids came to our door a few seconds later and my husband asked them if they could return in a few minutes, as we were just getting ready to leave for dinner. They told us that they were supposed to getting off and they wouldn't return, so we all just sat in the room while they hurried around the room and made it apparent that they were very displeased that they were called into our room. They were in our room maybe three minutes and didn't even give us new toiletries. The next day at around 2 the maid still hadn't come to our room, so my husband went to the front desk to request maid service. The person at the front desk informed my husband that the maid usually does the rooms every other day, but she'd send one up. I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't know how they expect people to get clean towels or empty their trash. On the fourth day, my husband had to run an errand. He ran into the maid on the way out and she told him to go back bring her all our towels. He also had to bring our trash out later and empty it himself. I thought it might just be us, but my parents also had a bad experience with the housekeeping staff. They were on a different floor as us, so it couldn't have just been our block of rooms. Of all the things that happened to them I think the worst was the day they were going to check out. A maid came to their door at 10 am (well before check out time) and informed her that she needed to get out because it would be easier for her. She said she had 16 rooms to clean that day and she needed to clean her room now. I don't know why she just didn't go to another room and come back. When my mom was done packing everything up, which took about 15 minutes, the maid was outside her door tapping her toe. My advice to this hotel: re-train your housekeeping staff.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am very apologetic for the occurrences that you encountered while staying at the hotel. This by far is not the norm for my staff, as I am sure you have read by all the other tripadvisor reviews regarding my staff and the hotel services.

I am going to do some investigating of whom cleaned your room as well as your parents to ensure that does not happen again. I will share your review with my staff for training purposes. I constantly strive to better the property and the staff so that our reviews can be all 5 star ratings.

By our hotel standards we clean each occupied room EVERY day, the only time the staff would not clean a room as if the guest placed a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door.

Again I am so sorry that during your visit to my hotel, a time that was supposed to be an enjoyable one with family, we let you down. I can only hope that if you are in the Sarasota area again, that you would give us another try, so you can see that the staff works very hard to ensure each guest leaves here completely satisfied and wanting to return.

Randy Paradine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Super comfy pillows! Staff was friendly and helpful. Exceptional breakfast (bacon...yum!) Overall an exceptional value and great experience. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Fred W;

Thank you for the outstanding review and the 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel.

I was happy to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable. Within the last couple of months we have changed out all the pillows in the hotel, so happy to hear you found them comfortable.

I will share your review with my staff, and we look forward to your return visit to the Sarasota area, I hope we are your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for the 5 star review it is very much appreciated.!!

Viera, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a GREAT hotel if you're visiting the area for either lacrosse, baseball or visiting Siesta Key (15min easy drive). We came in for the weekend for a lacrosse tournament at Lakewood Ranch and we were very pleased with our choice of staying here versus closer to the fields. The rooms are VERY clean! The hotel itself is VERY clean! We stayed in room 101 (first time ever on the first floor) and although we were by the pool door, laundry area, and outside door, we heard nothing all night long! The breakfast was AWESOME! Probably one of the best we've ever had while staying at a Holiday Inn. While it didn't start till 7am, we were out the door for our tournament by 6:45am and they allowed us to get an early breakfast before we left even though they were not ready for customers! The staff was AWESOME! One of the best groups of staff members we've ever experienced while staying at a hotel. And we stay at hotels throughout Florida on an average of 2weeks a month (no lie) during the summer. Thanks for a great stay Holiday Inn Express Sarasota! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your OUTSTANDING review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I can not thank you enough for the review you gave the hotel and the staff.

I know that many travelers base their stays on reviews like this, and this will definitely let people know that this is a great hotel for your traveling needs. It is the Holiday Inn Express moto for Great Hotels Guest Love!!!

I hope that the next time you are in the Sarasota area that the Holiday Inn Express will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor, I do appreciate it.

Kissimmee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Minutes away from the countries #1 beach!!!
Great breakfast buffet and with a family of 4 this is a great value!!
Place is clean, quite and comfortable. The staff will help you with anything.
Honestly we live in the Kissimmee/ Orlando area and when we spend the weekends at the beach or a mini getaway this is our spot for the last two summers.

• Stayed June 2014
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. Your comments regarding your stay are very much appreciated.

I was happy to see that you are a repeat customer of the Holiday Inn Express and wanting to return on your weekend get aways.

If you wanted to contact me regarding the room that you were in so we can make sure we can correct the issue, I would appreciate it. My email is rparadine@hiesarasota.com.

Thank you, again for your rating of the hotel and the comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

lets start off the breakfast was nice hot eggs ,bacon, pancakes etc and it was tasty. the service was nice and the staff was friendly. the hotel room was nice and comfortable and really easy to get there. I only problem i had was to go to the hotel building you hade to make a u turn and when it was dark you couldn't see anything and it was risky so try to see if you guys can put some lights in that street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating on Tripadvisor it is truly appreciated. These ratings mean a lot to the staff we try to share them with everyone here on the property.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff were very helpful. Only negatives were uncontrollable, our room faced the pool which on the weekend was extremely noisy until the 10PM closing, if we stay again we will request a room facing the rear. There were a large number of families with younger children.
The breakfast offered a good selection and considering the number of people it was kept clean and well stocked. A giant plus was the internet connection, it was fast and consistent. We liked being a little out of town but restaurants and any activities were a short ride away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East, I truly appreicate you taking the time to review the hotel.

Was glad to see that you found my staff very helpful and the breakfast was enjoyable.

We look forward to your return visit to the Sarasota area, and hope that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went to siesta key for the weekend. All the hotels on the island were sold out, but this holiday inn express was only 10 mins from the beach. The whole building, rooms included looked recently remodeled. It was bright and contemporary / clean and comfy. It's still a no-frills kinda place, with a really small pool, ice machine only on the first floor, no bar / restaurant, etc but out stay was nice and good for the price!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East on Tripadvisor and giving us a 4 star rating, I truly appreciate it.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time that you are in the Sarasota area, that you will choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota again.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, it is appreciated.

General manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75? Share your experiences!