“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75

You added Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5730 Gantt Road, (off Clark and I-75), Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Siesta Key East Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Viera, Florida
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a GREAT hotel if you're visiting the area for either lacrosse, baseball or visiting Siesta Key (15min easy drive). We came in for the weekend for a lacrosse tournament at Lakewood Ranch and we were very pleased with our choice of staying here versus closer to the fields. The rooms are VERY clean! The hotel itself is VERY clean! We stayed in room 101 (first time ever on the first floor) and although we were by the pool door, laundry area, and outside door, we heard nothing all night long! The breakfast was AWESOME! Probably one of the best we've ever had while staying at a Holiday Inn. While it didn't start till 7am, we were out the door for our tournament by 6:45am and they allowed us to get an early breakfast before we left even though they were not ready for customers! The staff was AWESOME! One of the best groups of staff members we've ever experienced while staying at a hotel. And we stay at hotels throughout Florida on an average of 2weeks a month (no lie) during the summer. Thanks for a great stay Holiday Inn Express Sarasota! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cantsitstill17
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your OUTSTANDING review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I can not thank you enough for the review you gave the hotel and the staff.

I know that many travelers base their stays on reviews like this, and this will definitely let people know that this is a great hotel for your traveling needs. It is the Holiday Inn Express moto for Great Hotels Guest Love!!!

I hope that the next time you are in the Sarasota area that the Holiday Inn Express will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor, I do appreciate it.

Kissimmee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Minutes away from the countries #1 beach!!!
Great breakfast buffet and with a family of 4 this is a great value!!
Place is clean, quite and comfortable. The staff will help you with anything.
Honestly we live in the Kissimmee/ Orlando area and when we spend the weekends at the beach or a mini getaway this is our spot for the last two summers.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jokersmokes
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. Your comments regarding your stay are very much appreciated.

I was happy to see that you are a repeat customer of the Holiday Inn Express and wanting to return on your weekend get aways.

If you wanted to contact me regarding the room that you were in so we can make sure we can correct the issue, I would appreciate it. My email is rparadine@hiesarasota.com.

Thank you, again for your rating of the hotel and the comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

lets start off the breakfast was nice hot eggs ,bacon, pancakes etc and it was tasty. the service was nice and the staff was friendly. the hotel room was nice and comfortable and really easy to get there. I only problem i had was to go to the hotel building you hade to make a u turn and when it was dark you couldn't see anything and it was risky so try to see if you guys can put some lights in that street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating on Tripadvisor it is truly appreciated. These ratings mean a lot to the staff we try to share them with everyone here on the property.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff were very helpful. Only negatives were uncontrollable, our room faced the pool which on the weekend was extremely noisy until the 10PM closing, if we stay again we will request a room facing the rear. There were a large number of families with younger children.
The breakfast offered a good selection and considering the number of people it was kept clean and well stocked. A giant plus was the internet connection, it was fast and consistent. We liked being a little out of town but restaurants and any activities were a short ride away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East, I truly appreicate you taking the time to review the hotel.

Was glad to see that you found my staff very helpful and the breakfast was enjoyable.

We look forward to your return visit to the Sarasota area, and hope that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Went to siesta key for the weekend. All the hotels on the island were sold out, but this holiday inn express was only 10 mins from the beach. The whole building, rooms included looked recently remodeled. It was bright and contemporary / clean and comfy. It's still a no-frills kinda place, with a really small pool, ice machine only on the first floor, no bar / restaurant, etc but out stay was nice and good for the price!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East on Tripadvisor and giving us a 4 star rating, I truly appreciate it.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the next time that you are in the Sarasota area, that you will choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota again.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, it is appreciated.

General manager
Amagansett, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We always stay at HIExpress and have had great experiences. This location was convenient for our departure from Punta Gorda Airport. We booked a suite and upon arrival were told they had only two and the one on the second floor was taken. The only other suite was located right behind a small lounge area on the main floor and next to the elevator. Though the room was super clean and comfy, the elevator system was located in a false closet in the bedroom. Needless to say, between the constant operational noise of the elevator and the sound of the television emanating from the lounge (all night) we woke up exhausted !

One other issue was that price quoted when we booked the room was not the price on arrival. Once I pointed this out to the gal handling the front desk she changed the price to the one quoted. I've never had that happen in any other HIExpress.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Natlee O
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 4 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I appreciate the comments that were made in your review.

I am sorry to hear that elevator system and the television in the lobby area kept you from getting a restful nights sleep at my hotel. I will definitely speak to the night staff regarding the television.

I am happy to hear though that you saw the hotel and the room as being very clean, I appreciate that. My staff works very hard to achieve this, and are much appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota on tripadvisor.com I do appreciate it. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Sarasota, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here to attend a nearby sporting event. It was convenient that it was so close to I-75. Room was clean and wifi was strong. Breakfast was okay. There were many people there when we stayed and I believe the pancake maker was out of order. The front desk was always attentive to whatever our needs were. The grounds seem to be kept up and trimmed. They also had a nice little banquet room that was used for a team event when we were there.They must have added some TV channels but hadn't updated the menu card in the room but that wasn't a big deal. We would stay again when attending future sporting events in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from ice machines and elevators.