“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5730 Gantt Road, (off Clark and I-75), Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Siesta Key East Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Super friendly and professional front desk. Comparable to Ritz staff in terms of desire to be helpful. Whoever did the hiring here did a good job. Rooms clean, roomy, well apportioned. Beds comfortable. Lots of electrical outlets. Shower head actually good. Free breakfast really good with no lines.

3 complaints: 1) The designer who picked the dingy yellow for all the the wall paint should find another profession, 2) I wish they sold adult beverages, and 3) hallways a bit dim and narrow.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Randy P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear ATT23
Thank you so much for the fantastic review of our hotel! The entire Hotel staff, especially the Front Desk, is ecstatic from your awesome comments. Thank you as well for your thoughts regarding the paint and beverages, we will pass those on to corporate for consideration.
Again, thank you for the awesome comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kevin Mazzoni
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The location is perfect, right off the interstate and minutes from siesta key beach. We had a suite which had two queens and a pull out sofa, the bedroom actually a good deal of space with two closets, two tvs which was great for the kids a kinda too small bathroom but it was very clean, and a food sized mini fridge and coffee maker.
The breakfast was great for our whole family, fresh eggs, actually crisp bacon, muffins, cereal, pancakes, etc and the whole area was kept clean and well stocked.
Overall I would stay here again in a heartbeat! I love holiday inn express ans they've never left me down

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating on Tripadvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay and the high rating that you gave the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. My housekeeping staff does a great job here!!

Glad to hear that the next time you are in the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express will be your choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and give us a high ranking. We look forward to your return visit.

Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We've been coming to Siesta Key for many years and always stay at a motel prior to moving in, This is the best we've been to. Our room had a sitting area, a king bed, two flat screen TVs, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a very comfortable mattress. It was a little pricier than some but worth the extra money. It was also quiet which was an improvement over some we've had. There were toiletries in the bathroom and everything was clean. Management was very welcoming. The free breakfast was typical of these motels but it's always crowded...at least at this time of year. We enjoyed our stay and will be back next year.

Room Tip: We always get a reservation ahead of time which would be helpful in finding the hotel. It is off Cl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I appreciate the 4 star rating that you gave the hotel. Also very happy to hear that you will be returning to the hotel the next time you are in the area... Great!!!

Also very happy to hear that we are the best, that you have been to since traveling to the Sarasota area.

So thank you for the review, I truly do appreciate it. We hope to see you back the next time you will need a hotel room in the Sarasota area.

Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a completely serviceable hotel. A few things would be easy fixes, though. First, the rooms are clean but a bit smelly. The sheets cover a mattress pad that at some point must be plastic, so it feels like you are sleeping on a baby mattress. (I don't wet the bed, promise!) Very uncomfortable. There are very few toiletries; no shower cap, glass or mouthwash.

The fitness room has some old equipment, which I would not mind, except there is no mat to use for sit ups or anything; just a hard floor. And the remote for the TV doesn't work.
Most of these things are inexpensive fixes.

Clean and reasonable. Also, no late night food or super decent deliveries. No extra blanket.

Room Tip: the room with a king is a good size.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I appreciate the comments that were made.

Regarding the comments that were made about needing mats in the gym. That is definitely something I can look at. I have not had this request before so I can look into getting a couple of yoga mats.

With regards to the extra toiletries, we do have all that available, it is just of our "Forget Something" program and we have that available behind the front desk.

I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at. Hopefully than we will be able to "Wow" you with our service and amenties.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, I do appreciate it.

General Manager.
upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for a week while visiting family in the area. Free breakfast is pretty poor but I guess that's ok because it is free. Coffee is terrible! Couldn't drink it! Guest room was clean and pretty comfortable. Hot water was being serviced and there was no hot water for at least 24 hrs. The water was supposed to be on by 5pm then didn't get back on until the next day and then it was cold.
Overall an ok place.

Stayed December 2013
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate the comments that you made in your review. I am sorry though that we did not "wow" you or that you left here feeling this was a hotel that you "loved". It is always our goal to have all our guest leave here feeling this was a "great hotel that guest love"

It is true we have had some hot water issues as of late, we had a couple of pipes burst in the hotel that effected the hot water only. We truly are sorry for all the inconveniences that this caused our guest.

I do hope that if you are in the Sarasota area again, that you would give us another try. I know there are many choices for travlers to make for their hotel needs and it is important to us that we have all our past guest come back.

Thank you for staying with us, I do appreciate it.

Corona del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

After my hubby and I checked into a disgusting other big chain hotel five miles down the road, we immediately started searching for another hotel. Being that this is Christmas week, much like Mary and Joseph we kept running into "no vacancy." Trouble in paradise.

For whatever reason, there was a little room left here and we jumped on it. The rooms are clean, free wifi, free breakfast, the things you would expect from a Holiday Inn.

I have three reasons I would not give this hotel 5 stars, even by Holiday Inn standards. The hotel is pet friendly, and we are surrounded by yippy dogs. I love my hound dog, but part of going on vacay is NOT dealing with doggie for a week. I would appreciate if the hotel designated one floor for pets so the rest of us traveling sans fido aren't yipped at.

Secondly, the doors do not have that fabulous anti slam contraption that most hotels have (ironically, their stairwells DO have them). Our next door neighbor keeps slamming to his little hearts delight and jarring me out of my nice vacation sleep. Rude. He just so happens to also be one of the yippy dog owners, so the slam has an encore of yips.

Lastly, the cable package is pretty cheesy. No Bravo, Food Network or HGTV. That's a must in all good hotels in my humble opinion.

All of these are super fixable issues for the hotel, and if addresses would turn my four stars into five- by Holiday Inn standards of course.

• Stayed December 2013
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I appreciate the comments and voicing your concerns regarding my hotel.

My apologies for the less than perfect stay. Regarding some of the comments that you noted. I will have my staff look into some of the door closures that are not properly working and get those corrected. I am also changing up some of the television line up and one of the channels that will be added is HGTV and History Channel there are also a couple of other additions that we will be adding to the line up as well.

I do hope that you will visit Sarasota again and that the Holiday Inn Express will be your choice for a hotel to stay and that we will be able to get that 5 star rating from you.

Again, thank you for bringing some of your concerns to my attention, I do appreciate it.

Sincerley
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. It was my second stay and found the staff members to be very helpful. I was recognized as a rewards member and was thanked for my loyalty. Our meeting was held at the hotel and the room worked out great. Having the breakfast in the morning included made it easy to grab a bite to eat before the meeting started and one less thing to expense. The front desk gave us information on St. Armands Circle where we went for dinner. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear SunnySideUp0506;

Thank you for the great review, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and post it on Tripadvisor.com .

It is always great to hear compliments regarding my staff during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East.

Happy to hear that your meeting went well and was successful.

Again, thank you for posting a review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I truly appreciate it.

Randy Paradine

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75? Share your experiences!